So if the N9 really did outsell the Lumia by a margin of 3 to 1 in Q4 of last year, then Nokia have some serious thinking to do. The Lumia has had more advertising, and was launched more recently so you would expect it to have sold well.

I find it very odd that Nokia won't release the sales figures for the N9 & Lumia... This further suggests that the N9 outsold the Lumia

Last edited by Dared; 2012-02-02 at 14:32.

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
So if the N9 really did outsell the Lumia by a margin of 3 to 1 in Q4 of last year, then Nokia have some serious thinking to do. The Lumia has had more advertising, and was launched more recently so you would expect it to have sold well.

I find it very odd that Nokia won't release the sales figures for the N9 & Lumia... This further suggests that the N9 outsold the Lumia
i saw (raw) guesstimates that N9 may have sold up to 1.5 million devices, but that's at most 50% more then (1.5 times as much as) LostDOS Lumias (over 1 million...)

did you see 3 / THREE millions N9 sold in Q4 2011 anywhere?

Yeah i did. Can't link you as I'm on my phone. Even if it's just 50% more though, that should still be ringing alarm bells for Nokia as to whether ditching MeeGo was the right move to make

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Different people prefer different things, companies make poor decicions from someone's point of view, etc. nothing new there. btw, what difference does it make how many N9s/lumias/etc was sold? Nokia has moved on to other things than maemo/meego already. If one doesn't like the new direction it's time to move on.

I'm just happy all my maemo/meego devices still work so it gives some time to wait if some vendor chooses to produce a hackable toy that I like.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:
To quote Futurama "You'll be fired... out of a canon... into the sun."

slaapliedje

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
why? We might get ballmer after that...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Nokia should fire their board of directors. They hired Elop, fired OPK, listened to the bad advice that has Maemo where it is now.

Get rid of the problem. Also, get rid of fanboyism too. Fanaticism has never yielded anything profitable - Apple excepted.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Nokia should fire their board of directors. They hired Elop, fired OPK, listened to the bad advice that has Maemo where it is now.

Get rid of the problem. Also, get rid of fanboyism too. Fanaticism has never yielded anything profitable - Apple excepted.
fanatic?
visionary maybe?
which is not, quite, the same thing
even though having a vision may require some obstination, borderline to fanaticism

Last edited by misterc; 2012-02-02 at 15:15.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
fanatic?
visionary maybe?
Not Jobs, but the people that buy the stuff. Cult of Mac is real. I refuse to fall into line with those folks though. Lining up for days = pure fanaticism to me.

But at least they buy the Apple stuff in large quantities. Can't say the same for the Nokia fanatics. They buy one, declare it the best, never buy anything else...

N900 forever!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Not Jobs, but the people that buy the stuff. Cult of Mac is real. I refuse to fall into line with those folks though. Lining up for days = pure fanaticism to me.

But at least they buy the Apple stuff in large quantities. Can't say the same for the Nokia fanatics. They buy one, declare it the best, never buy anything else...

N900 forever!
but that's the whole charm of NOKIA!!!
never want another device ever again ¦-)))))))))

i'm not saying this is a good marketing policy

Tags
dirge, marionettes