Sorry but in this case vi_ it's more trustable due to his activity and thanks number . If I would give away my sweet N900 , I want to be sure will be used for research and development .

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Mine went to an avid Linux programmer in California. Y'never know, there might be some sweet N900 apps created because of that. Oh yeah, he gave me $150 for it too, so didn't exactly give it away. But at least it went to a good home!

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
we do not "dump" our N900s
Exactly! When we donate our body to medical science we would certainly hope it is not "dumped" at some medical school. Treat you N900 with the same respect!

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
N900s do not simply get "dumped". They get repurposed.

Originally Posted by zeebra View Post
Ok. if you are planning to stop using the N900 and are going to dump it, please reconsider and send it to me instead. seriously. I would love to receive a few devices to do some hardware experiments on and some serioous make or break software testing.

so, if you have an N900 and you are going to dump it, send me a private message on this forum or to kfjellda at microsoft shitty hotmail.com. I would owe you a favour, and would perhaps be willing to repay it somehow. I dont care about the state of the device, but the better state it is, the better I am willing to repay your favour.

please consider just outright donating it. I have two that I bought already, so I am not looking for a new one to use, just a few devices for pure experimentation.

peace!
So if your Idea of payment is questionable, are you at least prepared to pay the postage for all of your donations?

TBH, I agree with the comments above. Many of us would sooner give our n900s some of the more well known Dev's on the forum, who we know will use it to benefit others with their work.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
No way I would "dump" my N900, unless it starts to fall apart.
It has a happy 2nd life with Nemo.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
just need a litlle more ram, but my N900 still does some awesome things, theres no way i dump it, i love it,

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Ploiesti, Romania
N900 is the only phone I miss regularly when not using it. So even if not using it regularly I am coming back to it from time to time. This means it will remain with me for ever, not because of greedity but because of its potential inherited within. Although I do hope that every time I start using it I will find new things developed by the enthusiast like you. Everybody around me still questions why trading of phones like 4S, Omnia 7, etc. for such a weird piece of old technology (brick)
Probably is the form and content that best suit my needs if developed properly.
Good luck anyway!