Posts: 170 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
hey guys,

I bought a new pc last month but I have some problems with it, since the first day I hade an antivirus installed called nod32, but my pc started to behave odd. It started to freeze, the startup is longer and so on. so I unistalled the antivirus and tried AVG 2012, so I installed it to check if everything is okey, beacuse I didn't trust nod32 (I had that feeling, even if i think that nod32 is one of the best) and guess what it dedected a "trojan backdoor" (I dont know what this virus really do) so i moved it away from my computer, and then It asked me to restart my computer and i clicked OK! so the computer began to restart and then it crashed, and beacuse It crashed I had to select to start windows normally or to restore windows and I can't select anything beacuse my keybord doesn't work, I can't enter bios or anything else I really tried everything. The buttons doesn't work But you know the worst part of everything is a schoolwork which I did in several weeks, and I finished it today, so I need to handel it to my professor now on monday. So I need to fix it as soon as possible, and to get my work out. BTW the pc is under warranty, but they'll probably need a week or so to fix it. So I hope someone gives me some advice, I know it's not a Computer forum, but I know there is a couple off experts here as well. Thank you and once again sorry for the Off Topic.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Disassemble the computer and take the hard drive. Connect it (the HDD) to another computer (preferably NOT using Windows to avoid silly viruses, or using a good *LEGIT* Anti-Virus). Copy the school work and then you can send your PC to warranty later.

It's a laptop right? Otherwise just try switching keyboards...

19:48 <Remi-X>: my name is fry and im shy
19:48 <Remi-X>: sh*t how can i even say something that dumb

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Why not start a live-cd of a linux and save the data from there?
I.e. store it on an USB drive?
Might be easier for him than taking the hard drive out (and risk damage on it if not propperly handled.
A good linux for that always was http://www.knoppix.org/
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator