Active Topics

Hi,
I'd like to have your opinions on the audio quality you get using A2DP.
Personally, I think it's disappointing. In the background of every track I hear a metallic rustle (rather a crackle), and what's worse, every few minutes the audio stutters for 2-3 seconds, like the stream buffer has reached capacity and needs to reset...dunno if I delivered what I mean, but that's the idea.
I noticed that this stutter happens more frequently when the phone is using network data (mobile or WiFi).

My bluetooth headset is Nokia BH-504, which works briliantly with my Nokia N8 and has an excellent audio quality, I'd like to remark.
I also tried with some wired Nokia in ears and none of these issues presented. Is it a known bug or should I try to submit a bug to the Harmattan bug tracker?

Already documented I believe on the bug tracker. Just search bluetooth and you'll see it. I think there were a LOT of people with the same problem and it relates to how wifi keeps scanning. IIRC, the team decided to not "fix" it because it would interfere with wifi which is more of a priority for them.

Myself, my bluetooth worked fine but now can't go for more than 2 seconds before disconnecting sound but still saying connected on the phone. Not sure what the deal is. Moved back to my 5800XM for BT music now.

I hope PR 1.2 addresses some of the shortcomings with BT in this phone.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Los Angeles, CA
I think it may be either your handset or headphones. I use a bluetrek musicall and it works superbly although the battery level warnings on the Bluetooth headset are a little annoying. Do you have the surround sound emulation on or off?

Last edited by cohbashi84; 2012-02-26 at 10:14.

Refer to this thread for more info:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...io+degradation

Problem you're having is same as mine, the sampling rate I believe changes after it stutters and results in that "crackling" distorted sound until you close the music app and restart it.

The Following User Says Thank You to isfr21 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cohbashi84 View Post
I think it may be either your handset or headphones. I use a bluetrek musicall and it works superbly although the battery level warning on the Bluetooth headset are a little annoying. Do you have the surround sound emulation on or off?
Either on or off, no difference, sadly.

To the other 2: thanks, I'll vote for bug 125 since it was reopened. I honestly find it hard to believe that they can't find a solution to this...
I've had N9 for a week now and I'm already thinking to sell it (because of this and other absurd limitations) and, once and for all, settle with my N8 beause it does what no other phone can. It's the most complete smartphone I had (also had Android and WP), feature wise, and now features a nice interface too. What else would I want? MeeGo UX, but not at this price...

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
It works fine for me. I'm using the Nokia Play 360 speaker with my N9.
There's some stuttering under load, e.g. if I'm websurfing, but otherwise the sound is clear and well.
I'm really amazed at how well this works and how light it is on the battery.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
It works fine for me. I'm using the Nokia Play 360 speaker with my N9.
There's some stuttering under load, e.g. if I'm websurfing, but otherwise the sound is clear and well.
I'm really amazed at how well this works and how light it is on the battery.
I have never listened to a 360 but it's a speaker rather than a high quality headset like mine, so the crackle probably isn't perceptible but it's there (I myself can barely notice it, but when I do it's terribly annoying). Good for you anyway.

Using the BH-505 with no issues. I'm usually streaming audio or video over 3g when using it and have been pretty impressed with the quality.

The bug your experiencing is right here: http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=560

Please vote for it. Thanks