Active Topics

I connected a Bluetooth keyboard to my N9 phone.
However, when using the keyboard in the Terminal window, half of the screen is always hidden beyond the virtual keyboard - quite annoying.
It is possible to hide the vkb, but then the focus gets lost and the btkb doesn't work either.
Is there a workaround to somehow hide the vkb but keep the focus on the terminal prompt?
Thank you in advance!

(and, yes, I tried google but couldn't find something reasonable except for someone claiming a patch was in the works 6 month ago...)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to inte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Also very interested in this.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by inte View Post
I connected a Bluetooth keyboard to my N9 phone.
However, when using the keyboard in the Terminal window, half of the screen is always hidden beyond the virtual keyboard - quite annoying.
It is possible to hide the vkb, but then the focus gets lost and the btkb doesn't work either.
Is there a workaround to somehow hide the vkb but keep the focus on the terminal prompt?
Thank you in advance!

(and, yes, I tried google but couldn't find something reasonable except for someone claiming a patch was in the works 6 month ago...)
I've also requested this. You might check this thread for progress
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4828

hopefully it will be made available soon...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Same issue, did a lot of searching, nothing yet as well.

Good news! elemental just made this post on FMC
.................................................. ..................................................
It works, but I had no time to implement it. But you can do it now by terminal:
~ killall meego-im-uiserver (at least 4 time)
To restore vkb type:
~ meego-im-uiserver -remote-theme -use-self-composition
.................................................. .........................................

My N9 is at home so I have not tried it yet. Let me know how it works.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CA, USA
If you are not using Swype, simply slide it down to close the keyboard. If using Swype, then slide the keyboard right to bring the stock keyboard and slide it down to close it..

It works!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vikas-1977 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vikas-1977 View Post
If you are not using Swype, simply slide it down to close the keyboard. If using Swype, then slide the keyboard right to bring the stock keyboard and slide it down to close it..

It works!!!
Hi. Were you actually able to enter text using a btkb after sliding vkb away? I was not able to make it slide away after disabling using elementals first command. The good news: after closing terminal and then opening terminal it comes up without the vkb. At this stage I am able to enter text with btkb. However I was not able to recover the vkb with the second command. To recover vkb I had to shut N9 off and on. I am inquiring...

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
A temporary workaround is to install the "Empty for VNC" vkb layout, which uses just 2 lines (in Terminal, or 1 line outside Terminal) so the screen is almost all free :

- install MesInput from Nokia Store;
- open MesInput and search for "Empyt for VNC" keyboard layout and install it;
- swipe to right or left until this keyboard layout appears.

Maybe it is possible to add a null vkb in http://www.mesinput.com/, I don't know (I think it is not possible because it is needed some screen area visible to swipe from one vkb to another).
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2012-02-17 at 15:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Great news! Rainisto has made a modification to meego terminal so that you can now toggle on and off the vkb allowing for full screen input. It is now in the ovi store and works nicely. Please thank rainisto on FMC

Cheers!

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
The name is "BTinput Terminal" on Nokia Store, being a copy of meego-terminal with enable/disable virtual keyboard.

It is meant to be used with btinput package (to use with Bluetooth keyboards).
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post: