Active Topics

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I think the answer will be running Vuze http://azureus.sourceforge.net/
using Icedtea and the ARM SWT https://garage.maemo.org/projects/swt-hildon/
not 100% clear how to pass the magnet link to Vuze from Microb but it should be a few hours of effort at most for a competent java user who can pack it into a deb and stick it on the repos for long term Maemo fame. The only question is how the UI will look.

Last edited by biketool; 2012-03-05 at 17:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
rtorrent utilises magnet links, but only for DHT discovery, doesn't seem to accept them for starting a download. Maybe you could pester dev (he is quite active recently) for such feature? Our latest maemo build has this, but like I said only for gaining new sources.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Thank you for your work biketool. I tried every link on transmIssion 2.03 thread but they are all dead. I even tried contacting OptX but no luck so far. Where can I find rtorrent please? I cannot find it in the repos. The repos have been acting a bit stangely lately. Is this it: http://maemo.org/packages/view/rtorrent/ ? And who should I pester for new features?

Right now I think having a client actually capable of handling magnet links is top priority. After that maybe by copying and pasting the link in the client everything will work..hopefully. My N900 is my main source of downloading and not having magnet links will make it useless very soon.

Thanks for your comments so far.

Last edited by maemouser1; 2012-03-07 at 17:47.

maemouser1,
Optx is apparently long gone MIA, and yes, the transmission 2.03 he built is probably lost unless someone on that thread still has a working .deb file. rtorrent is apparently not on the repos, I will give qtrapids a shot though I dont see provision for magnet links.
Easy .deb packaging and easy DSP overclock for the newer HD video codecs like Ubuntu does for flash, MS fonts, and Java and a bittorrent magnet link solution that runs direct from microb are both issues that need to be solved both for the N9 and N900 as well as the older tablets so they can remain useful for those who need an ultra mobile media device without relying on a server somewhere.

I can google for solutions, but I am not a dev, anything I have written in the posts above may be way off the mark for a simple fix. If you have the ear of someone who knows how to debug, tweak a nice GUI, and compile with scratchbox be sure to ask.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
biketool, you may not be a dev, but you still deserve props for your work! I'm also interested in a solution to this. I'm making a post here now from my N900 to thank you for the effort and to bookmark the thread for when I can explore it further.

The Following User Says Thank You to bocephus For This Useful Post:
Yes that is true. Downloading magnet links will prove useful for the future. Maybe the developer for QtRapids will add this feature. I don't care how it is implemented. Could be that you would have to copy and paste the magnet link manually. Just as long as the ability is there: I will be happy. In the meantime thanks a lot for your work. It's very much appreciated.

I found the email on my-maemo.com for the dev, the email bounced. Not sure if anyone else has worked on it, there is a team on the maemo garage site but no contact info.

Any update on the Magnet Links?, would love to get them working on the N900...

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Lebanon
Hi Everyone,

Have a shot at this http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=115820

I tried it, and its working well. Didn't take the time to see how it actually works but the basic thing is: you highlight the hash of the torrent within microb, and select the bookmark link mentioned in the thread. Resul: Torrent file downloads & used with transmition.

Hopefully we'll find another way, this one is working fine though.

Cheers.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to karimko For This Useful Post:
Whoa... indeed it does. Kudos, though a device specific way to handle those would still be something worth looking at. If TPB ploy with hashes works zoink will be the one to fail and we'll be back to post #1. Great stuff nonetheless!

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post: