Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Australia
#21
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
what is the purpose of changing n9 product code? especially when we can flash our n9 with other country variant firmware with the same or higher legacy number(number after PR)
The only reason that I can see is to force an OTA or NSU update when your firmware is an older version and new firmware exists for the other product code.

However, I agree that it is far easier to use Navifirm, download the firmware and use Flasher - no stuffing around with changing product codes.
 
Posts: 611 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on May 2011
#22
Originally Posted by Etchelon View Post
Please link it, can't find it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIlv2TlXU5U
 
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Feb 2012
#23
Originally Posted by BrianFellOver View Post
The only reason that I can see is to force an OTA or NSU update when your firmware is an older version and new firmware exists for the other product code.

However, I agree that it is far easier to use Navifirm, download the firmware and use Flasher - no stuffing around with changing product codes.
As far as I know, changing the product code doesn't even help with doing an SSU (OTA upgrade) - that's based entirely on which variant firmware is already installed on the phone at the time.

That means there's no reason to change the product code unless you really want to use Nokia Software Updater, and that seems to cause problems on its own. :/
 
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Feb 2012
#24
im trying to flash my n9 but when i write flasher -i an error message appears telling me the following:

ERROR: ReadFile(65540) GetOverlappedResult() error 1167 timeout 4975ms
Unable to detect flashing interface: standing by for device reboot.
Suitable USB interface (bootloader) not found, waiting...
Found device RM-696, hardware revision 1603
NOLO-version 2.3.6

and then it tells me what my firmware version is, shall i then just go on or do i have to worry about anything??

thx for your help

Last edited by kb61; 2012-03-03 at 17:44.
 
Soppa's Avatar
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
#25
I think this should be a sticky.
 
Moderator | Posts: 5,106 | Thanked: 3,953 times | Joined on Oct 2009
#26
Originally Posted by Soppa View Post
I think this should be a sticky.
Reported your post & in doing so asked the mods to sticky it.
I've also added this guide to the universal guide
(The more up-to-date Google Docs version)
This is probably the best flashing/updating guide I've seen yet.

Thank-you!
 

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2011
#27
Originally Posted by kb61 View Post
im trying to flash my n9 but when i write flasher -i an error message appears telling me the following:

ERROR: ReadFile(65540) GetOverlappedResult() error 1167 timeout 4975ms
Unable to detect flashing interface: standing by for device reboot.
Suitable USB interface (bootloader) not found, waiting...
Found device RM-696, hardware revision 1603
NOLO-version 2.3.6

and then it tells me what my firmware version is, shall i then just go on or do i have to worry about anything??

thx for your help
I experienced the very same symptoms, and proceeded with flashing anyway, and everything went fine for me (proceed at your own risk).
 
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2012
#28
Originally Posted by gpollano View Post
Very helpfull!
Thanks itsnotabigtruck

When you say:


What's the meaning of "blocked"?

My N9 is branded (Nokia N9 of Argentina, "Personal" brand).
One of my goals is to get "Vanillla" Meego Experience. My branded N9 can not use WiFi-spot, has a horrible startup animation, and has some other limitations.

I'm planning to flash LTA firmware on it. Are you aware of any trouble?
Anyone has any experience on something similar?

Thanks in advance.

No problem to flash with a Claro branded N9 from Argentina, no blocked at all, firmware update without any problem.
 
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Feb 2012
#29
Originally Posted by rdelfin View Post
I experienced the very same symptoms, and proceeded with flashing anyway, and everything went fine for me (proceed at your own risk).
thx worked
 
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Argentina
#30
i seriously cannot make it work.
i have the .bin file... but cannot get the flasher to flash.
i says in "not found waiting"
tried on windows with no luck, and mac... dunno what im doing wrong...
in mac im missing the SUDO command, don't know how to put it in...
plz, help?

i tried everything.....
1) phone off, disconnected
2) phone on, disconnected
3) phone off, connected
4) phone on, connected
 
Reply

Tags
flashing, nokia n9

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:40.