Active Topics

Hi,

I don't understand, but sometime the MFE / gmail stop to work. i don't receive anymore mail notifications. i must refresh manually the my mail client.

I setup my MFE account on N9, is something need to be activation on gmail side.

The imap & POP access are disabled on my gmail setting...

Is something can be configured on gmail side ?

I just follow a tutorial to create the MFE account for N9, but never on gmail side.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I think i found, the schedule was set to OFF....

One question, if i set the schedule interval to 20 minutes instead of "up to date", is the battery life will be increased ?

Thanks for your help

Originally Posted by verrnum View Post
Hi,

I think i found, the schedule was set to OFF....

One question, if i set the schedule interval to 20 minutes instead of "up to date", is the battery life will be increased ?

Thanks for your help
If you want to save battery life, set it "up to date". Then it doesn't have to poll the server every 20 mins or whatever interval you set and you get your notification as soon as the mail arrives.

Btw, any link to the tutorial to create the MFE account for N9? I'm interested too.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
in my opinion, setting it to 20minutes will increase the battery life as i've it as up to date. even when there are not notifications i see the white arrow appearing every 10minutes or so to poll the server. MfE on nokia n9 is a pain and with push email being restricted to only gmail and MfE it leaves with no alternatives but to use MfE.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
in my opinion, setting it to 20minutes will increase the battery life as i've it as up to date. even when there are not notifications i see the white arrow appearing every 10minutes or so to poll the server. MfE on nokia n9 is a pain and with push email being restricted to only gmail and MfE it leaves with no alternatives but to use MfE.
I don't think it polls the server every 10 mins when you set to push (always up to date). From my testing I get the notification within half a min of receiving the mail in my gmail account. In your case you may have other services polling for data but I may be wrong.

Hi ,

Thanks for your help..

I see that the sync refresh time is not very clear. I set it to 20 minutes, the battery life seems correct.

Thanks for your help