This is a strange issue that has been bugging me for the last 6 or so months on my n900, that I've never been able to solve.

When certain people in my contacts list phone or txt me, instead of their name appearing in the called ID it only shows their phone number. I've tried deleting contacts, and saving a new contact from the call log, i've removed and added country codes etc, deleted the call log, but still no luck.

I think it started when I moved over to CSSU, but i'm not 100%.

Any ideas?

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Antwerp Belgium
Originally Posted by boardnz View Post
When certain people in my contacts list phone or txt me, instead of their name appearing in the called ID it only shows their phone number.
I once had the same issue when i saved a phone number twice with another contact,
like; mam & dad, same landline, other cellphone.
surfing the web, navigate, chat, ttweet, email, scan, hack, share, tweak...
.....................and you can also use him to make a call

Thanks Pete that fixed it! Turns out I had a few like that i.e I had put a contact "carl" and "karl" with the same phone number. I thought I had deleted them previously, but it looks like during a pc sync it copied them back onto the phone..

Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to boardnz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by boardnz View Post
Thanks Pete that fixed it! Turns out I had a few like that i.e I had put a contact "carl" and "karl" with the same phone number. I thought I had deleted them previously, but it looks like during a pc sync it copied them back onto the phone..

Cheers
Sometimes when people put their phone details on Skype it messes my up my contract list up by putting the number in twice. Then it just shows up the number when they call in and not the name. I Have had to ask several of them to remove their phone numbers from Skype.