Posts: 47 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Scarbrough
I have finally figured out how to flash n900 with our any problems or any thing in windows 7

no more getting stuck at 20% while flashing emmc nor any problem while flashing firmware, no more disconnections

Follow simple procedures and it will flash with out any problems... untill or unless you PC or windows 7 are in terrible condition...

first get all the necessary things...

lib usb
usb deview

and that's it.... i hope u already have downloaded the Maemo flasher, emmc if u want to flash that and PR firmware....

after downloading usb deview open it as Administrator, then uninstall all nokia labeled devices, (remember not to disable them but uninstall them)
even if u uninstall just the usb's labaled "Nokia_N900_(Update_mode)" it should work but just incase uninstall all nokia.

okey now u go on the start menu and type msconfig
open it as administrator

on the main, first tab check SELECTIVE STARTUP and just check
load system services only. uncheck the rest...

and then save it and restart your PC or laptop

when windows start again turn your n900 off,
when it is completely off and windows 7 running,
press U and plugin the usb cable, don't touch any thing...
now go to libusb and run inf wizard in the bin file of libusb
then go next next then u will see "Nokia_N900_(Update_mode)" select it go next, next then i will say some where install now... then install it, it will again ask u to allow to unstall unknows driver... just click install anyways....

okey then it might take a while to install... after instalation it will say instalation complete... close it, don't remove the n900
now open cmd as admin and go to maemo and try flashing...

i am pretty sure this will definatly work......

after u are done with flashing just go back to msconfig and check the frist one "normal Startup"

i hope this solves the problem... let me know if any one has any other questions....
Attached Files
File Type: zip usbdeview-x64.zip (95.0 KB, 1188 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to darguzar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
hey i too use win7.. all i use is info-zip to install the N900 USB-Update mode.. have u tried it?

steps are in this post..

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=122

Last edited by visN900; 2012-03-27 at 02:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to visN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
I gave up on Windows7 for this and booted up my son's XP machine. 8 minutes later I was restoring. Glad to see there is a future for flashing if he finally moves out!