Active Topics

hhi, as you ave guessed from the title i'm lefty and was wondering if there is a way to
move scollbar to the left of the screen. everytime try to scroll my hand would be over the screen and it gets kind of anyoing. also if there are any other lefties in the forum i would really love to hear any other tips or tweaks that wuld make our lifes on the 770 any easier.

thanks on advance

I second that but would like the same for the N800!

Originally Posted by kay.one View Post
hhi, as you ave guessed from the title i'm lefty and was wondering if there is a way to
move scollbar to the left of the screen. everytime try to scroll my hand would be over the screen and it gets kind of anyoing. also if there are any other lefties in the forum i would really love to hear any other tips or tweaks that wuld make our lifes on the 770 any easier.

thanks on advance

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Singapore
try scrolling by dragging the page then.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
I got sick of reaching over the page too and did the opera hack to make the D-pad only scroll, it has made my web experience much easier, i would love to move the scroll bar too, it would be a great option to have

Originally Posted by torx View Post
try scrolling by dragging the page then.

well, some applications don't allow scrolling by page, such as control panel. also worst ones are scrolling the drop down list boxes, those are just impossible to do with left hand.

Originally Posted by kay.one View Post
well, some applications don't allow scrolling by page, such as control panel. also worst ones are scrolling the drop down list boxes, those are just impossible to do with left hand.
Actually, as mentioned previously the D-pad works wonderfully for scrolling, including drop down lists. Punch the center button once you've found the drop down item you wish to select and it's as good as a stylus select.

R.
==

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Mexico, USA
They say... if the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body...

Then left-handers must be in their "right mind"!

Regards...
Omega

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Norway / Tromsų
So i finally got my N800.. And since I am lefty this scrollbar thingy was shitty for m also.. So do anyone found a solution to transfer the scrollbar to the left side of the screen? The d-bar solution is ok, but not perfect.
--

The Following User Says Thank You to IBICO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Colorado Springs
I had thought about making a lefty post. I'm kind of "tainted" because I am a half-and-half. I use a right handed mouse... but left handed stylus on the tablet. (I haven't tried a right handed stylus.)

My original thought: "Gee it would be good if they made a lefty version of the N800." Then I realized that the buttons are on the "correct" side for a lefty as it is... and holding it with your right hand for long periods is MUCH easier without buttons on that side.

BUT for the scroll: I agree optionally move the scrollbar to the left or right or hidden. (Some people never use the scroll bar. Why waste the screen for them?)

OTHER THOUGHTS (Not just for lefties.)

Allow for a larger "finger" scrollbar. Have it dynamically get big for fingers. Just like the on screen keyboard gets big if it "sees" a finger.

The URL/status bar on the browser when in full screen mode should have an "auto-hide" mode. If i'm reading a page... and scrolling up and down... I generally don't need to see the status/URL bar.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I get the impression from posts in Bugzilla and elsewhere that in future scrollbars will disappear or at least appear less often that at present - in future, you'll drag the screen to scroll in most if not all apps. Scrollbars are inherently finger-unfriendly and Nokia's goal is to make the NITs very finger friendly, so say goodbye to scrollbars (not sure if this will happen in OS 2008 - doubt it somehow, maybe OS 2009...)

Tags
left handed scroll bars