Active Topics

My 64 GB N9 has gone from a steady 8-10 mA idle to Now 32 mA and still climbing over the last five days. No new apps, but I am traveling around China.

Any ideas how to get back to my normal numbers or id my battery dying somehow?

Thanks

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Atlanta
This is the 1000th thread in this forum.

Can't give you much help, but I can tell you that this isn't a symptom of a battery dying.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it as long as you have acceptable battery life. I feel like the idle power usage numbers are very variable and not necessarily accurate.

Have fun in China.

try to add and remove any icons on homesvreen. For example new web page

first try to use the search box in the forum this has been discussed quite many times

any way in your case i that is caused by the network switching try this tip
fix the network on 2G instead of dual (china has a different network band afaik) and try to manually chose 1 network and stay connected to it only instead of auto (which keep switching networks while roaming)

please let me know if this is helpful

I Would have searched more if not for at &t's $20 per MB data in China roaming rate

Originally Posted by Mize View Post
I Would have searched more if not for at &t's $20 per MB data in China roaming rate
Damn that is hugely expensive !!

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by fignew View Post
This is the 1000th thread in this forum.

Can't give you much help, but I can tell you that this isn't a symptom of a battery dying.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it as long as you have acceptable battery life. I feel like the idle power usage numbers are very variable and not necessarily accurate.

Have fun in China.
Where do these ideas come from?!?!?!?

Idle consumption increased so his battery is dying? This couldn't be more wrong.

He's traveling, the system is probably constantly looking for a stable service.

Reboot the phone, then see if that helps, the 12 second holding the power button reboot.

If it doesn't change, then see what you've installed recently, uninstall that. If that doesn't fix it come back, we'll trouble shoot from there.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The ideas come from jumping 12 time zones and then proceeding to work from 5AM until midnight all week...lots of driving and crawling around on huge, industrial furnaces at 48-50 C ambient temps, etc. one does get loopy after a few days of that. I'll report back later but I think it could have been a combination of the recent N9 speed up hack (less swapping means more RAM in use which could mean more power draw with many apps open) and possibly meIn the linked in app that constantly tries to get online even when data roaming is disabled. I'm only just back and got 6 hours of rest out of the last 48 so I will check thing out when my brain recovers.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Córdoba, Argentina
My suggestions:

Reduce shyness of the screen
After the reboot: Move an icon
After moving an icon: switch to airplane mode and switch back
Disable GPS if you are not using it.

And dont get obssesed with this. Just use your device and carry your charger with you. Its a phone, not a baby.