N-Gage needs to be part of Maemo as well. It is a very good community of gamers/players, which can be used as is because it is hard to create a new gaming community - just for playing in the network, reviews, etc.

To create a new community of gamers it takes at least 1-2 years. iPhone now has its community of gamers like XBox and PS3 and Wii do. N-Gage already exists. If Nokia decides to not diversify N-Gage on Maemo platform, they do a big mistake, because N-Gage is a brand name, well known in Symbian community. And Nokia actually bought N-Gage - another company. Hope they will not close N-Gage and leave only Ovi Gaming and Maemo Gaming.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Architengi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
I asked Eldar about this and he said no. He said it is more buisiness oriented.

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
The big mistake Nokia makes, and I'm talking about BIG here, is they think people who go to work in offices don't play games, and vice-versa the teen-agers or students don't need office apps or outlook exchange email or calendar.

The competitipn (Apple iPhone) were smart enough to understand it is better to UNIFY customers (with a single device) then DISSIPATE (or SEPARATE APART) customers with XP 5230, XP 5530, XP 5800, E71, N97, N900, ... tons of numbered devices. People don't feel good with Nokia because their nnnn device is left out a firmware upgrade or is lost forgotten, or it does not have office because is a N and not a E and does not have N-Gage because is an E or XP and not a N, but now a N device with no N-Gage... talking about INTEGRATION and DISINTEGRATION.

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Nokia's Eseries devices definitely are business oriented, and they now come with N-Gage preinstalled as standard (except the E71/E72 because there's no landscape QVGA N-Gage client).

I think someone somewhere has got their wires crossed if they think that Nokia doesn't publish games on business devices. Alternatively they might just have out of date information, because N-Gage came to Eseries relatively recently.

The Following User Says Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Quoting Peter@MaemoMarketing:

There will be a good amount of games including some quite stunning games with hardware-accelerared graphics available, but, since we have no DRM yet, we don’t run ngage on Maemo 5.
Source: http://conversations.nokia.com/2009/...ew-nokia-n900/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Wow.. i just google N-Gage and it sounds promising.. i'd never even heard of it until now

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Nokia didn't buy Ngage, they created it. It was a singular device, but now its a gaming platform installed on most Symbian devices. As I mentioned in another thread, Maemo is too open, and it'd leave the games open to piracy. DRM is mandatory to protect the developers, so we'll have to see if users want such a thing on an open device, but I think they will.

I'm surprised you guys no nothing about Ngage! It allows online gaming, too.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
N-Gage used to be a phone... a terrible phone for gaming. The games were on small carts but to change games you had to remove the battery.

The N-Gage QD came out afterwards which corrected a lot of the original N-Gage phone problems, but it was still rather crappy.

(Why bother making a gaming phone when most of the time you couldn't play sound properly?)

All games for the N-Gage phones were simply Java applications put on carts.

The N-Gage brand became an Xbox Live style gaming platform which apparently almost no one uses. Nokia also let go their entire Canadian N-Gage division, all of whom were working on games for the platform.

As far as I know, N-Gage is dead in the water.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Oregon
I just hope we have some good online 2 player games we can play with friends that also support talking while playing.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
some kind of gaming platform for maemo would be awesome
as for n-gage there is some great games, all games published by nokia are very good,
most the 3rd party published stuff is garbage though and is getting n-gage a bad name