Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
#1
Camdrive transforms your N9 into a car black box. Application is still WIP and requires internet connection. Any feedback will be highly appreciated .

Current version: 1.0.0
Application is available at Nokia Store.


The most important features:
  • records video (optionally audio) from the back camera
  • stores car coordinates, speed and accelerometer data
  • plays video and in the same time shows informations such as: car position on a map, g-sensor readings, possible car collision, etc.
  • possibility to create subtitles (in SRT format), which contain: car coordinates, street name, etc. Thanks to this feature it's possible to watch a video on PC
  • accelerometer readings and GPS are used to detect car collision
  • in emergency situations application provides easy way to call emergency service, friend or just to send defined text message to someone
  • alert button on viewfinder, which can be used to trigger panic alarm
  • text messages contains informations such as GPS coordinates, city, street name. They're fully configurable in settings
  • possibility to define max speed, you'll be warned when you exceed your speed limit
  • overwriting previous videos in order to save free space (fully configurable)
  • stores only the last minutes of the trip (fully configurable)
  • and many more...








Sources: click
License: GNU GPL v2 or later
__________________
Gnumeric - a spreadsheet application for N900
Camdrive transforms your N9 into a car black box
CSSU developer, join us!

Last edited by arcean; 2014-02-15 at 15:53.
 

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 234 times | Joined on Jan 2012
#2
Actually, a good idea. Maybe add notifications for speed cameras? Warnings for nearby petrol stations or any user specified landmarks, food places, etc? Sounds like it could be useful for almost any road trip
 

The Following User Says Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
#3
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
Actually, a good idea. Maybe add notifications for speed cameras? Warnings for nearby petrol stations or any user specified landmarks, food places, etc? Sounds like it could be useful for almost any road trip
Indeed, it's a great idea . Now, it's on my TODO list for the next big update (v. 1.1?). Maybe even I'll implement some kind of augmented reality, but I'll have to think about that.
__________________
Gnumeric - a spreadsheet application for N900
Camdrive transforms your N9 into a car black box
CSSU developer, join us!
 
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2010
#4
Wow, this is a truly terrific dashcam app. Polished ui, all the necessary functions,...

Now I'll have to buy a mounting solution that doesnt obscure the camera.

The only problem I seem to have is that the N9 starts to struggle when I select HD video (Normal quality).
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edbanger For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
#5
Originally Posted by edbanger View Post
Wow, this is a truly terrific dashcam app. Polished ui, all the necessary functions,...

Now I'll have to buy a mounting solution that doesnt obscure the camera.

The only problem I seem to have is that the N9 starts to struggle when I select HD video (Normal quality).
Thanks for feedback!

The new version of Camdrive improves performance a little bit in HD mode. But we have to take into account, that Camdrive is also doing some other things while recording a video, e.g. parsing data from sensors.

Changelog, Camdrive 1.0:
* when the viewfinder is opened for the first time, you have to accept (or reject ) agreement - that the app can store your GPS coordinates and speed
* new offline mode - you won't be flooded with "Select connection dialog" while recording
* probably improves performance
* minor fixes
__________________
Gnumeric - a spreadsheet application for N900
Camdrive transforms your N9 into a car black box
CSSU developer, join us!
 
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2012
#6
I have tried the application and it's great.

Emergency call works great.
Emergency SMS was not working at first, but after restart it did it's job (also i like that you can configure SMS content).
GPS works great.

The only problem I have is that the video recording does not start on my device. It's stuck at waiting. I have tried restarting, I have tried uninstalling and I have tried setting video quality to lowest possible but still no luck!

Any idea what it might be?
 

The Following User Says Thank You to skoosha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
#7
Originally Posted by skoosha View Post
I have tried the application and it's great.

Emergency call works great.
Emergency SMS was not working at first, but after restart it did it's job (also i like that you can configure SMS content).
GPS works great.

The only problem I have is that the video recording does not start on my device. It's stuck at waiting. I have tried restarting, I have tried uninstalling and I have tried setting video quality to lowest possible but still no luck!

Any idea what it might be?
I would say, You have encountered Aegis capabilities related problem. Please make sure that developer mode is enabled in system settings.
The problem should be resolved after publishing Camdrive in Nokia Store .
__________________
Gnumeric - a spreadsheet application for N900
Camdrive transforms your N9 into a car black box
CSSU developer, join us!
 

The Following User Says Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2012
#8
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
I would say, You have encountered Aegis capabilities related problem. Please make sure that developer mode is enabled in system settings.
The problem should be resolved after publishing Camdrive in Nokia Store .
It worked great. I've shaken the phone a bit, just to see how the cam handles constant movement, and sometimes gets stuck for a second, but that does not affect recorded video!

Thanks for this great application, looking forward to future updates & releases!
 

The Following User Says Thank You to skoosha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
#9
Camdrive is available at Nokia Store now!
http://store.ovi.com/content/284191
__________________
Gnumeric - a spreadsheet application for N900
Camdrive transforms your N9 into a car black box
CSSU developer, join us!
 
int_ua's Avatar
Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
#10
Looks very nice
Any blockers to compile it for Fremantle? I'll take a look later, but maybe you already know
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:06.