Active Topics

Poll: Did you try Qt5 on N900?
Poll Options
Did you try Qt5 on N900?

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Android_808: You might want to take a look whether the performance of hildonizing with QtQuick Controls is acceptable. Also keep in mind that embedlite folks want to drop widgets altogether, so we might be forced to use Quick.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

I'm quite impressed with qml-browsers' performance. As QtQuick2 is supposed to be a big improvement over previous setups I think it stands a good chance of being acceptable.

Like I've hinted at elsewhere before, I'm getting sick of hitting road blocks because of outdated libraries or compilers that are being held back because of issues with compatibility with the closed components. SDL2 (and projects using it), embedlite, qt5 and the whole xcb/x11/xc11 issue, jasper.... I mention compilers as well as we now have to start depending on newer versions than those in SDK. Hence why I'm looking at options now, but doubt I have the skills to see it through. At the moment I'm just playing to see if I can fathom how much depends on what parts. That along with justifying my new upgrade whilst giving it something to work on to check cooling etc.

My thinking is a Debian Jessie (probably armhf) base using an upstream kernel (3.16+) with a borrowed sgx driver from Meego CE and ofono, like what others have been playing with in the jessie thread. On a software front, based on that and the sailfish apps that I've seen, I'd like to see something like qt-components-hildon based UI with a slightly more modern twist to the appearance without straying too far from Maemo5.

In terms of compatibility with existing apps, unfortunately, I don't see much choice. I would like to see some of the underlying features used, like mce, telepathy, tracker (with support for compilations ) and maybe mafw, where possible to maybe aid in porting existing apps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
any devlopments lately
pyotherside maybe.

Is there any plan for a qt 5.4.1 build for maemo?

Last edited by xes; 2015-04-21 at 08:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
I am interested in building KeePassX v2 on Maemo which requires Qt5.

I am looking for information about source code repositories but http://wiki.maemo.org/Qt5-Maemo5 lacks them. May it be possible to go on where port has been left in 2014 ?

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Poland
Originally Posted by ymartin59 View Post
I am interested in building KeePassX v2 on Maemo which requires Qt5.

I am looking for information about source code repositories but http://wiki.maemo.org/Qt5-Maemo5 lacks them. May it be possible to go on where port has been left in 2014 ?
Latest stable KeepassX v2(2.0.3 from 8 October 2016) is still from 2.0.x line, so it should be Qt4 compatible

According to official website:
The development of version 2.1 will start in the master branch while 2.0 will be maintained in it’s own branch.
As Qt 4 will be EOL soon KeePassX 2.1 will only support Qt 5.

Thank you for tips. I will try with Qt4 first with upstream version instead of keepassx-reboot repository. By the way I still have troubles to setup scratchbox target for CSSU-thumb...

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by ymartin59 View Post
... By the way I still have troubles to setup scratchbox target for CSSU-thumb...
Could you elaborate?

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

First I did mistakes... But now I am quite sure having done everything right. Setup fails at last step after install alternative libstdc++6

> apt-get -f install

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 8 not upgraded.
41 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up libgtk2.0-0 (2:2.14.7-1maemo34+0cssu2+thumb0) ...
qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - core dumped
dpkg: error processing libgtk2.0-0 (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 126
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libgtk2.0-bin:
libgtk2.0-bin depends on libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2:2.12.9-0osso1); however:
Package libgtk2.0-0 is not configured yet.
[...]

See qemu has core dumped.

I am running Linux amd64 Debian Stretch. Is it a known issue ?