Active Topics

Hey y'all!

I'm totally nuts about my 770... even though the video player is pretty much crap (resolution in multiples of 16? 3GP files play like slideshows? booo)...

Question is, how are people's backlights doing? Mine gets a bit darker on the right-hand side - starts getting dark about 1/2-inch away from the end of the screen, and the bright points from the LEDs are noticeable. Overall its only annoying when viewing bright solid colors, and I'm probably only noticing because I'm really picky - just wanted to know if anyone else's 770 has that.

Mine has the same thing since new. Doesn't really bother me.

mine is like that too, i didn't notice until just now, lol

You can add mine to the list of backlights that dim at the right.

Question is: whose backlight isn't like that?

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My darker area starts 1/2 inch from the bottom right corner of the screen and extends about an inch. I really only notice it when I consciously want to look for it. Oddly all the white LEDs on the right look like they're still working. Maybe there's some component crammed under that section of the screen that's interfering with light distribution.

I noticed a 1/2 inch dark band on the demo unit at a local CompUSA.
Does every unit have this 'feature'?

How is your brightness setting? I set very low and then noticed the darker area. If I turn it brighter the darker area is not as noticable.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ San Francisco
Same here... It's no a problem for me!

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ
I keep the brightness down all the way (in fact if anyone knows how to make it even lower, I would greatly appreciate it) and it does not bother me in the slightest. Maybe this is a difference of opinion, or possibly some hardware has it worse than others?

Heh, I just wanted to see if it was only my unit with the uneven lighting... it doesn't really bug me unless I look for it, but if no one else had this 'feature' I was going to exchange my unit...