http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=688UqGJZPzM

Smart Stay

With the innovative Smart Stay feature, GALAXY S III automatically recognises that you are looking at it, whether you are reading an e-book or browsing the web. The front camera maintains a bright display for your viewing pleasure.

from the application such as speaker switcher, autoCallSMS, i think that N9 will be able to do smart stay also..

there is a little problem when browsing internet using N9, it keep lock the screen when reading the articles, i thought this application will be useful to have it..

im very please if any developer would like to develop this kind of apps

Last edited by baem90; 2012-06-21 at 12:47. Reason: adding some information

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Good idea, I second it. Perhaps BackLighter could be useful if there is a way to make it communicate with the front camera (I also saw a face recognition app for the N9, forgot its name).

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Good idea, I second it. Perhaps BackLighter could be useful if there is a way to make it communicate with the front camera (I also saw a face recognition app for the N9, forgot its name).
front camera and mirror?

Nope, the app in my mind is really a face recognition app. Somebody in the comments stated that it was not extremely reliable, as his wife was able to unlock the device, that's all I remember.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
Yeah, I played with Qt Facelock. It's neat, but it works maybe 30% of the time.

IT also won't work if it's dark, or conditions aren't perfect, or if you don't look at it in a certain way.

So it's neat, yes, but basically unusable, so I said screw it.

And really, is it that damn hard to unlock the phone by double tapping it? I love doing it to show off.

http://store.ovi.com/content/269670?...e=search&pos=7

The Following User Says Thank You to SolarisSixth For This Useful Post:
Thanks, that's it! Actually it is not hard to unlock the phone by double tapping it (albeit you also have to swipe afiter that), and I wouldn't use Qt Facelock myself, but the code for face recognition could be (or not, I'm not a dev at all) useful to make the front camera prevent lock screen when you are staring at the screen of the N9.

The whole point lies in the difference between unlocking and preventing lock under certain conditions (automatically). Unlocking the device is just neat as it is, but preventing the phone to lock when you watching it, without requiring a tap every 20 sec, would be useful.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2012-06-21 at 19:01.

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Istanbul,Turkey
This won't work on N9 because all cameras going stand by mode on low power mode screen.So any application or plugin can't detect your eyes.

And also this app causes battery drain because it has to scan your face everytime and analyze the display.I don't think any another unneccesary app like this

Originally Posted by trayhoper View Post
This won't work on N9 because all cameras going stand by mode on low power mode screen.So any application or plugin can't detect your eyes.

And also this app causes battery drain because it has to scan your face everytime and analyze the display.I don't think any another unneccesary app like this
The camera wouldn't have to work while in low power mode or stand by, only wheen the phone is in use. But you get a point about the battery drain it would cause.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Sgs3 made for humans, N9 made for aliens(unknown one) , whats wrong with current feature on our n9?.stop comparing and.saying that device has that and mine didn't, the list will grow up , larger and larger!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
Sgs3 made for humans, N9 made for aliens(unknown one) , whats wrong with current feature on our n9?.stop comparing and.saying that device has that and mine didn't, the list will grow up , larger and larger!!
i hate your attitude. i am just asking if any developer can do this. iam not even comparing N9 with S3. please dont write stupid comment.

The Following User Says Thank You to baem90 For This Useful Post: