Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Can't find a buy guide, so i want to ask my fellow maemo members that have actually replaced their touch screen for where they bought theirs and it has to be an Original one.

Been looking at ebay but can't get a conclusion on the ones i found, and the negative feedback (even small) throws me a bit off

So far i have these in my sights:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3007235127...84.m1438.l2649
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1508098741...84.m1438.l2649

I want my extra N900 to be as new and well also my main one.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 270 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
A month ago I ordered this cheap one, expecting to receive it...and I'll leave my feedback here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1708402209...84.m1439.l2649

Yes it is actually good to leave feedback for the ones bought, good or bad.

i can then add that i bought this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3206577247...84.m1439.l2649 and it FU*KING SUCKS DONKEY BALLS, i have an old PDA that is almost 10years old and it's touch screen is MUCH better then this on i bought.

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2012-06-29 at 14:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Anyone got some tips/help on this?

dr_frost_dk, how much are You willing to spend on new digitizer, and, it *must* be in absolutely new condition? I have access to some genuine digitizers, but they're all used.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

if we are just talking about the digitizer alone and it is scratch free, new or used as long as their genuine then about 20-30 euro (shipped)

The thing is, that used is *never* absolutely, totally, scratch free. I'll try to find something good for You using common sense, but it would be great to know, how much scratch-tolerable (lol!) You're.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Well since im trying to restore it to near mint condition then no scratches, this is why i am looking high and low for a new one, just has to be genuine, now i knew that the one i bought would not be as good as the original i just didn't know it would be as bad as it is.

The original i have for the extra has some scratches, but still works.

Of course if you can take some pictures of some of the good ones you have then i can see if i could use it anyway.

Hey Estel have you gotten around to take some pictures of the touchscreen's you have.

I would love so, but I don't have them physically - I can buy them on demand, but none I've seen so far are up to You "near mint" expectations :/ I suspect those "bastards" separate them before re-selling - those with screen protectors on it are, probably, sold as new for atomic price, and only flawed (sometimes,l very lightly, but still) are sold as used.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-