Active Topics

I N C E P T I O N
ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL OF YOUR N9
Release 0.2.5

The Nokia N9 is a sleek phone with a sleek OS. However, advanced users have often been frustrated by its limiting Aegis security scheme. Aegis, like many other systems, blocks many legitimate tasks beyond truly dangerous activity, and makes it difficult to customize your N9 to run on your terms.

This problem is one of the past: INCEPTION allows you to assume direct control and liberate the full potential of your N9 (or N950).

INCEPTION is:

• Easy. INCEPTION allows you to open up your N9 in less than five minutes, with no need for a PC.
  • Safe. INCEPTION makes no major changes to your N9 on its own - it merely unlocks the door so that you can use your own discretion. INCEPTION can be uninstalled at any time with no side effects.
  • Effective. With INCEPTION, the only limits on what you can do with your N9 are your own. INCEPTION turns the N9 into what could be the most powerful and open handheld device on the market.

INCEPTION doesn't disable or remove Aegis by itself - it just puts you in the driver's seat.

Release 0.2.5 is 100% compatible with all versions of the N9 firmware through the new PR1.3 update. All users are encouraged to upgrade, as the new version provides new features and tweaks to keep you in control and malicious apps out.

The success of this project relies on building a community of users with access to such packages, so please spread the word and help make sure no N9 user is left in the dark.

The INCEPTION website provides comprehensive information on capabilities, risks, and instructions for getting started. It's important that the steps be carefully followed in order to avoid commonly-experienced issues.

Instructions and download: Official site
Chat about INCEPTION: #inception on Freenode

Edit: Website is down for reasons outside my control - download here

If INCEPTION has improved your N9 experience, a small donation would be greatly appreciated - see official site.

Last edited by itsnotabigtruck; 2012-07-22 at 20:13.

The Following 108 Users Say Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
-Tyler-, aironeous, ajalkane, AJMAL P.M, Arie, ARJWright, banong, Brew, Bundyo, Camerado, cckwes, chiappa, ck2nb, Creamy Goodness, dadaniel, Dave999, death_jax, Demati, DJJonosound, Dousan, et3rnal, ezameht, F2thaK, freaksamael, frendz07, gionni88, guillermorojaz, Hacker, Hariainm, HtheB, ibrakalifa, Iryus, jalyst, jberezhnoy, jhwan, jklubi, Kalatti, Kallela, kfahoo, known, koe, korpi, Kozzi, kskoda, late88, leoniedelt, longcat, lorenzo, lzs2000131, Macros, MaddogG, Maemomd, Maj3stic, Makeclick, MaKenZi, Manatus, MartinK, MAX9, meemorph, MeeNu, Mentalist Traceur, MFaroTusino, microe, mike_shenoda, miri, MJ m, MohammadAG, mrsellout, munozferna, nishkarsh, OVK, P@t, peterleinchen, Pl4ub, qgil, ranbaxy, rcolistete, Rusnak-COBRA, sada11, Schturman, Shadowdog, shanttu, sifo, smoothc, sony123, StefanL, Sunset_Shimmer, suzughia, taixzo, talmuth, thedead1440, TheN9er, thp, TMavica, toebaer, topet2k12001, traysh, ttt0600, turbovomit, ukki, vkv.raju, www.rzr.online.fr, xaccrocheur, xprism, Z3tor, ZogG
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
is it possible to use paypal too instead of wepay only?
wepay only accepts donations from the U.S. so can't donate from elsewhere...usually the donation goes through then the CEO will send an email informing that its for USA only...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
wepay only accepts donations from the U.S. so can't donate from elsewhere...usually the donation goes through then the CEO will send an email informing that its for USA only...
Are you sure about that? It isn't necessary to set up a WePay account to donate, and AFAIK I've already received several international donations. I doubt they'd put in a drop-down box listing all the countries in the world if donations could only be made from US cards.

Thanks for the thought though, and I probably ought to look into setting up a PayPal account in any case.

The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
i faced that issue when Creamy set up a WePay donation link...i donated 4 times and typically after 2-3 days they would return my donation with the CEO email...

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Hi itsnotabigtruck,

I am donating my Nokia N9 award (from "New Apps for Nokia Store" activity due to "SymPy Interactive Shell" software) for you and your Inception project, see :

Topic "Donating (award) devices to eyes, itsnotabigtruck and qole ?"

See more details in the private message I've sent.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^Nice gesture, one less dev I have to worry about, I'm planning on handing out a few N9's to active devs soon-ish

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
I'm from France and just donated before taking the road for my house when I read the new 0.2 out announcement ...

Keep reading properly and follow rules.

A++

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
don't you feel bad? it took him weeks of testings and delays, and you just released it few hours after update =))

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
You mad yo...?

Inception with the quick response again!

BTW, having used 0.2 before, it's awesome enjoy guys.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Quito-Ecuador
I'm beginner and I don't understand so well what do this app? SB can explain me please?? tks

The Following User Says Thank You to the_game606 For This Useful Post:

Tags
aegis, inception, pr1.3, root-access