Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 1,852 | Thanked: 7,065 times | Joined on May 2010
#91
@Schturman:

Are you using (leaked) PR1.3 on N950? It is working without problem? It is possible to downgrade from PR1.3 back to PR1.2 from OCF?
 
aStrike's Avatar
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Sep 2012
#92
I flashed my n950 to PR1.3 (I guess it's leaked) 10 minuted ago. seems to work fine (till now...)
It is possible to flash from a recent version to an older one, it up to you to decide which version you want to flash to (unless you really messed up and bricked your device in a really bad way)
Anyway, you should be really careful about flashing.

BTW, does someone know how to connect the n950 (n9) to the internet via usb and my pc's internet connection (running linux an win7) without the sdk on the pc like n900 pc-connectivity?
__________________
Check My Game, Alpha Strike V1.1.0-2 Now in Extras-devel.
Alpha Strike (v1.0.0-2) gameplay video: HERE!

Last edited by aStrike; 11-06-2012 at 09:01 PM.
 
Schturman's Avatar
Posts: 4,660 | Thanked: 3,140 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
#93
Originally Posted by pali View Post
@Schturman:

Are you using (leaked) PR1.3 on N950? It is working without problem? It is possible to downgrade from PR1.3 back to PR1.2 from OCF?
Yes leaked PR1.3, for now work very well, started to setup N950 like my N9... Like HW kb

P.S. I don't tried to downgrade, also for now I don't see a reason for doing it
__________________
Lausanne & Lyon de descente...
----------------
Schturman's home page
Schturman's repo on openrepos
N9 QuickTweak - If you like my work, you can donate here. Thanks!
Facebook chat fix for N9/50 (thanks to mbanck) - FB fixed itself (no need this anymore) .
DEB packages creator for N9/50 (create your packages on the phone).
IMAGE Converter for N9/50 (convert/resize your images on the phone).
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,127 | Thanked: 5,920 times | Joined on Nov 2011
#94
Originally Posted by aStrike View Post
BTW, does someone know how to connect the n950 (n9) to the internet via usb and my pc's internet connection (running linux an win7) without the sdk on the pc like n900 pc-connectivity?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81240
 
Posts: 981 | Thanked: 2,049 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
#95
Originally Posted by pali View Post
It is working without problem? It is possible to downgrade from PR1.3 back to PR1.2 from OCF?
Works great, just like N9 pr1.2 vs pr1.3. Downgrade is not possible unless you have R&D certificate in your device. (That means that if you don't work for Nokia, you won't be able to downgrade, just like in N9).
__________________
IRC: jonni@freenode
Sailfish: Qt5 SailfishTouchExample Qt5 MultiPointTouchArea Example ipaddress stoken Sailbox (Dropbox client)
Harmattan: Presence VNC for Harmattan Live-F1 BTinput-terminal BabyLock BabyLock Trial QML TextTV
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.
 
Posts: 3,400 | Thanked: 1,250 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
#96
PR1,3 on the N950 works great, just don't try enabling multiple shots in the camera app - that will cause the camera app to crash when started.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,852 | Thanked: 7,065 times | Joined on May 2010
#97
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Works great, just like N9 pr1.2 vs pr1.3. Downgrade is not possible unless you have R&D certificate in your device. (That means that if you don't work for Nokia, you won't be able to downgrade, just like in N9).
Ok, so for n950's pr1.3 is same downgrade restriction. And it is possible to replace certificate in device? In older harmattan flasher I see option "--write-cert=" http://forum.meego.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=181
 
Andy1210's Avatar
Posts: 233 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hungary
#98
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
PR1,3 on the N950 works great, just don't try enabling multiple shots in the camera app - that will cause the camera app to crash when started.
You can fix your camera app with this command:
Code:
/usr/bin/gconftool-2 --recursive-unset  /apps/camera-ui
__________________
Nokia N950 - PR1.3
OpenSUSE 12.2 / Windows 8
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Andy1210 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 399 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Jul 2010
#99
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Ok, so for n950's pr1.3 is same downgrade restriction. And it is possible to replace certificate in device? In older harmattan flasher I see option "--write-cert=" http://forum.meego.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=181
Yes, but then how do you get the certificate to write? A certificate works for a specific device (IMEI), so once again unless you work(ed) in N9 project you don't have access to a certificate for your own device.
 
caco3's Avatar
Posts: 556 | Thanked: 403 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
#100
I did it as described by EIPI in http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=83 and it worked without issues.

Now I just have to add the full backup menu and Nitroid again
__________________
On N9 check out this:
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 PM.