Active Topics

Hey
I'm searching for Nokia N900, In good condition
I though to buy from Ebay But I don't want to get scammed by some chinise person.

So I Will try my luck over here
I Want to buy Nokia N900 Used/Like New
Good condition, Original not some fake...

I live in israel,
Please say the reason your selling your N900. thanks in advance!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
You might refrain from a racist attack in your message. My impression is that there are plenty of scammers in all races to go around...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Especially since there are many trusted members of this community who happen to be Chinese. There's some cognitive dissonance for ya...

The Following User Says Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
You might refrain from a racist attack in your message. My impression is that there are plenty of scammers in all races to go around...
its not about recist.. there is good chinise mobiles phones like Nokia (the factory is over there) and there is cheap chinise fake mobile phones...

So Should I buy from shop?

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I have been scammed by a Hong Kong "New" seller so it is not racism but reaction to one lying eBay refurb scammer in particular.
I have a N900 with an upgraded USB port bricked in .il (from that HK scammer), PM me if you want to try and flash the firmware.

Originally Posted by biketool View Post
I have been scammed by a Hong Kong "New" seller so it is not racism but reaction to one lying eBay refurb scammer in particular.
I have a N900 with an upgraded USB port bricked in .il (from that HK scammer), PM me if you want to try and flash the firmware.
As I'm new to the Nokia N900 And to the maemo system, I want a Like new nokia N900 With as much small as possible problems...

Last edited by Cyb3rD0rk; 2012-07-13 at 20:18.

OK look here, still available. I am in Taiwan, I hope that is acceptable to you: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81563&page=2

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Why are we responsible for the lack of racial diversity of another country?
When I say american you do not know what race I am talking about.
If I say many other countries you assume the race whose fault is that? Our fault because they have lack of racial diversity? It does not make sense.
The person from a racially diverse country is referring to a country made up of people they do not care the race, if there is lack of racial diversity in that country it is that countries issue/fault.
Here is a video on how to spot a Chinese fake N900
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xd7IVCV3Jg

The Following User Says Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
When I say american you do not know what race I am talking about.
That is true, and if you say that to another American, that American will probably get that

That said, I would not be surprised that if you said that you were "American" to someone who has little experience with Americans, a lot of those non-Americans would be picturing a George W. Bush-loving white guy, with a cowboy hat, a gun, and a bag of McDonald's take out that he eats for dinner every day.