Active Topics

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stuttgart, Germany
Hey guys,
I'm having a huge issue with my N9. It doesn't sync my contacts to gmail. I've set up MfE and what not, but it just wants to pull my contacts to the phone.
But since I switch between my Google Nexus (work/week) and my N9 (weekend/off-work) regularly there has to be a solution.

Any ideas? I know sync works because he pulls the contacs off google. But not the other way.

Cheers

medri

Last edited by medri; 2012-07-18 at 10:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to medri For This Useful Post:
Hmm, well not sure if you mean adding new ones but mine gives the option to keep it just on the phone or sync it to my MfE.
Or are you talking about contacts that have long been on the phone and you just now need to start syncing them?

The Following User Says Thank You to cincibluer6 For This Useful Post:
As a workaround you can export all contacts as vcard files and import them in Google contacts:

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/a...&answer=183711

Ideally of course some sync with CardDAV service would be better.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
When I try to export contacts it only gives me the option to export my mailbox number (that's 1 out of over 300).
I guess someone wants me to stick with my N9 soletly...

medri

You mean from gmail? You can export vcard there as well:

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/a...n&answer=24911

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Okay, I'll explain it once more. Hope that I can make myself clear this time

I have 300+ contacts (including FB-only contacts) on my N9. I want them to be synced to google contacts.
For this reason I set up MfE account with my googlemail adress and m.google.com as server. My calender gets pulled off google without a problem, my contacts on the google-server aswell.
But my N9 contacts don't get uploaded to google.

I tried to export my contacts as vcards, but when I select Contacts-Options-Export-File it only gives me one contact to export (my voicemail number).

I'm kind of lost right here...

What to do?

Thanks in advance.

medri

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
when you use MfE to sync, what is the sync interval (always up-to-date, 20mins, daily, twice a day, off etc.)? Set it to up-to-date then when you create a new contact it'll sync to MfE not always instantenously but within 30mins usually.

Secondly, FB-only contacts wont sync with MfE i.e. all contacts from Social-networks will only sync with their own social networks and not with MfE...

Lastly, if you click export contacts in the contact app, you should get an option for sim card of file after which all your contacts appear and you can click mark all. What i get from your situation is that only voicemail contact appears while the others dont. This could be screw-up by MfE so my advice is to delete your MfE account, reboot, then create it again...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Okay, found the issue.
all of my contacts were synced with Ovi Contacts and for this there were no "real" contacts on my phone...
Pulled them off Ovi and put them onto google!

Thanks erveryone!

medri

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to medri For This Useful Post: