Looks like Nokia is going further down, and next victim of Nokia's suicide deal with MS will be Qt:

http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermai...st/005467.html

http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermai...st/005478.html

http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermai...read.html#5484

Any thoughts?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Sad news.

Qt won't disappear but development pace will slow down for sure.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
RIM can be a potential buyer here. What about Jolla? They are a startup focused on entering the market. Probably would be hard for them to hire the whole core Qt team.

Not a shock. Once Nokia became...well I'm not going to say what they became, but when it happened, there was no place for Qt at Nokia.

Hopefully, it finds a home someplace.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Ah man not QT I had my money on Elop selling the Nokia brandname somewhere now that they came up with the brilliant "Lumia" name.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
I don't really care about Nokia brand anymore, but I do care for Qt.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Yeah this is really concerning. Qt is a really powerful framework, Qt creator is a pretty good IDE. Developers need this stuff because it was cross platform. Learn once, use anywhere. I hope it gets saved somehow.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
There is a warning on the 3rd email that you are not to publish it publicly so you might want to remove the links. That being said maybe they can pray to the "job creators." Oh, wait no, they're hiding their money in offshore accounts to avoid paying taxes not reinvesting it to "create jobs."
Elop, this guy, at this point I'm wondering how many bodyguards he has. I would think he'd get randomly punched by Finnish public.

The Following User Says Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
And yet the implimentation of Qt in WP could have helped boost the development of its app market place? Qt could also have been the big differentiator for Lumias WP platform against all other manufactures but Flop and those pulling his strings just want to dispose of all of nokias assets.

They saw nokia as a Burning Platform but their intentions were to leave it as Scorched Earth.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Actually its not gloom and doom...IIRC qgil himself was of the opinion that Nokia selling off Qt would be better as Qt would get the freedom and range to grow further and better...While I hate whatever Nokia is doing, this move might just be a good thing to see Qt live on...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: