Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Overview

With the (unexpected) release of Sviox‘s HTML widget runtime I thought it about time that I made my own efforts in that direction a bit more public (we have been discussing it a bit for a couple of months in another thread, but I was only making the git repos public, not any prebuilt packages).

TizMee is designed to make it possible to run Tizen (and other) apps on MeeGo, supporting general HTML5 apps, apps using Tizen specific APIs and Cordova/PhoneGap apps (with some slight modification).

This first early release should support general HTML5 apps fairly well (although there are still a few that have issues), some aspects of the Tizen API (this is by no means complete however) and pretty much all of the Cordova/PhoneGap API.

It’s based around the QT Cordova port with Tizen specific functionality implemented as Cordova plugins in a mixture of C and javascript.

Video of Tizen apps running on the N9

Apps
A number of test applications can be downloaded here: http://mikeasoft.com/~mike/tizmee/
To install them simply place their .wgt files in the TizenApps directory on your device (/home/user/MyDocs/TizenApps).

Download

MeeGo Harmattan (N9/N950): tizmee_0.1-1_armel.deb
Nemo Mobile: My personal OBS repository (also requires python-pyside from that repository)

Source

License: Apache 2.0 License
Gitorious repository: https://gitorious.org/tizmee
Ohloh project page: https://www.ohloh.net/p/tizmee

Last edited by Elleo; 2012-08-11 at 11:02.

The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
Overview

With the (unexpected) release of Sviox‘s HTML widget runtime I thought it about time that I made my own efforts in that direction a bit more public (we have been discussing it a bit for a couple of months in another thread, but I was only making the git repos public, not any prebuilt packages).

TizMee is designed to make it possible to run Tizen (and other) apps on MeeGo, supporting general HTML5 apps, apps using Tizen specific APIs and Cordova/PhoneGap apps (with some slight modification).

This first early release should support general HTML5 apps fairly well (although there are still a few that have issues), some aspects of the Tizen API (this is by no means complete however) and pretty much all of the Cordova/PhoneGap API.

It’s based around the QT Cordova port with Tizen specific functionality implemented as Cordova plugins in a mixture of C and javascript.

Video of Tizen apps running on the N9

Apps
A number of test applications can be downloaded here: http://mikeasoft.com/~mike/tizmee/
To install them simply place their .wgt files in the TizenApps directory on your device (/home/user/MyDocs/TizenApps).

Download

MeeGo Harmattan (N9/N950): tizmee_0.1-1_armel.deb
Nemo Mobile: My personal OBS repository (also requires python-pyside from that repository)

Source

License: Apache 2.0 License
Gitorious repository: https://gitorious.org/tizmee
Ohloh project page: https://www.ohloh.net/p/tizmee
Well done! Do you plan a native version for Maemo 5 Fremantle?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Well done! Do you plan a native version for Maemo 5 Fremantle?
Eventually I'll probably see about porting it to Maemo, however it's not a priority at the moment as it's not likely to be especially usable for anything other than fairly static applications due to QtWebKit's performance being quite poor on the N900. so anything requiring a lot of animation like games and such wouldn't be very usable.

The Following User Says Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Bavaria
nice work dude!

are there more apps than just this test apps available? are there any tizen apps at all?

The Following User Says Thank You to v0id For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
nice work dude!

are there more apps than just this test apps available? are there any tizen apps at all?
+1

[10 chars]

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Istanbul,Turkey
There would be tizen apps in time , and also well done very nice project.

The Following User Says Thank You to trayhoper For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Thank you!
Great work!

Now if we have also ACL, I think we're totally done

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
nice work dude!

Well there are probably plenty of general HTML 5 apps that could be packaged up, there's mostly only simple test apps actually using the Tizen APIs at the moment. I doubt we'll see much in the way of Tizen apps until devices start being released (beyond the handful of test devices given out at conferences).

AWESOME!!! This is great news. I'm having fun with it now, but what it could mean for the N9 is even better.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Thank you!
Great work!

Now if we have also ACL, I think we're totally done
Not forgetting the magenta project, if that takes off then then it would be game over for all other phones

Great work Elleo, I have been following your work in the other thread and have been very impressed so far

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post: