Active Topics

i am sure the question came up already, but due to the ... eh ... suboptimal search facilities of these fora i am unable to find any post related.

gps in n900 is bad -- the only reliable way to get a fix bevore you grown old and died, is using a-gps, via data connection in particular, at least for me. i seem to recall a particular stupid and insolent statement from one nokia employee, that they did not expect anybody to use the n900 without a data flatrate. obviously that guy has never been abroad ...

my question: is there a way to store the gps chip's data when it got a fix and feed it back the next time?

iirc this kind of data stays valid even if you move a couple of hundreds of kilometers. and imo the same thing was done with the openmoko freerunner (and that one has a gps chip which gets fixes in less than a minute already -- without assistnace!)

The Following User Says Thank You to arne.anka For This Useful Post:
My device fixes satellites after 10-15 min. in open spaces, without data connection, too; it does not seem to me an enormous time for GPS to fix (anyway I come from N97, where it would NEVER fix without data connection).