My phone has been acting weird lately. It keeps showing messages that are not suppose to be there. It keeps showing updates that are not suppose to be updated. I want to back up all 30k+ of messages from N9. I was wondering if there is anyway you can do that and save them to nokia suite or something else?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
30K+ messages on the N9

Anyway use the latest Nokia Suite from beta labs to sync all messages to your PC as well as doing a backup...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Oh and before you use the Nokia suite method,

try the following: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83166

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Oh and before you use the Nokia suite method,

try the following: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83166
I know I text a lot because of the various groups I am involved in school lol but Nokia Suite takes hours and makes it seem like its progressing but after a couple hours, I get an error message saying the sync did not happen. Any idea how to fix that?

Did you try the thread i linked? That has a nifty mechanism that I've used previously for both back-up and restore...

Maybe nokia suite can't handle you

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Did you try the thread i linked? That has a nifty mechanism that I've used previously for both back-up and restore...

Maybe nokia suite can't handle you
I wouldn't handle myself either with 30k messages. I saw that thread but in class right now so will try it when I get back home. Just out of curiosity how does it save it? Like what format? and can i put that into my nokia suite?

It saves them in .csv IIRC...

I don't think you can put it into Nokia suite but just save a copy on your PC and you can restore them on-demand...Its in fact several times better than any other solution we have out currently...

Would be nice if someone could figure this out.

I exported my contacts from my N900 to my N9, but the messaging just doesn't feel right - would be nice if I could clean the .db file up a little.