hey guys,

i got a n9 last month , great device , since a few days i cant connect to facebook . even my whole contactlist, which were synced with my facebook, is empty... now i have only my normal contacts ...

when i try to connect , it says account in use . skype works fine..

the thing is , the stock facebook app works without problems also the facebook news feed. but i dont want to start any app when i want to chat with sombody , thats why i bought the n9 . because of its implemented social networks

i am really new into meego, i tried everything . Even to restore to factory settings. Changed my passwords and so on.

are there any solutions would be great
and sorry for my bad english ,

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by chris088 View Post
hey guys,

i got a n9 last month , great device , since a few days i cant connect to facebook . even my whole contactlist, which were synced with my facebook, is empty... now i have only my normal contacts ...

when i try to connect , it says account in use . skype works fine..

the thing is , the stock facebook app works without problems also the facebook news feed. but i dont want to start any app when i want to chat with sombody , thats why i bought the n9 . because of its implemented social networks

i am really new into meego, i tried everything . Even to restore to factory settings. Changed my passwords and so on.

are there any solutions would be great
and sorry for my bad english ,
Hy there.
The fastest way to delete the accounts is to enable the developer mode, and in terminal delete 3 folders for everything to be ok.

In terminal

rm -rf /home/user/.accounts
rm -rf /home/user/.activesync
rm -rf /home/user/.aegis

After that just configure your accounts again.

The Following User Says Thank You to PuCiNhOOO For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by PuCiNhOOO View Post
Hy there.
The fastest way to delete the accounts is to enable the developer mode, and in terminal delete 3 folders for everything to be ok.

In terminal

rm -rf /home/user/.accounts
rm -rf /home/user/.activesync
rm -rf /home/user/.aegis

After that just configure your accounts again.
thanks for your reply,

did it , but have the same problem again when i try to connect " account in use"
any ideas ?

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by chris088 View Post
thanks for your reply,

did it , but have the same problem again when i try to connect " account in use"
any ideas ?
And all The removes went ok? None of then returned error?

hi,

yes all went fine , had to configure all my accounts new..

i even tried to delet manually with filebox , still the same . and restored it to factory settings.. nothing

i think this error happend after i tried fmobi, but dont like it much . or when i used hotspot to connect to facebook with my notebook...

:

thanks for your help

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...cebook+problem

there are a few guys with the same prob (at the end) . but there isnt any solution

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Ok we have a 2-step approach;

First in terminal do:

Code:
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/http_proxy
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/proxy
gconftool --recursive-unset /system/osso

Reboot; this will delete all your connections...Don't add any connections yet but do the commands in the above post to delete accounts too and reboot...

Now add internet connections and accounts and try...Most probably it'll work now

whaaa, i dont know whats wrong with my phone...
i did what you said , but still the same connection error

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Argentina
you HAVE to use your user name as... "blablabla@facebook.com" not with the mail @hotmail o any that you use to open in a pc...

If you want to know what's your facebook user go to your page (In a PC), nearby home, there is an arrow, click there and go to account settings, in the third row you have email, you have there your user name @facebook, then go to your acounts in your phones a put it like that... I hope you could understand me... bye!

hey
thanks for your idea . I also tried that, still the same error

i really love this device , i hope theres a solution