Active Topics

Hello forum,

I am a beginer in fones. I have an n9 updated to latest firmware a few months ago in the US. today all of a sudden my fone keeps rebooting. the circle goes around, nothing much happens and keeps rebboting. doesn't go into the start screen. After many times it gives me this error message:

device not working properly. try updating the sw with nokia sw updater. if the prob persists, contact the nearest nokia point.

below the ok button, it says

software problem(xsession/sysuid): too many reboots.

I have connected to my macbook and it doesn't recognize the n9.
Please help me on how i can resolve this problem. Thanks so much.

The Following User Says Thank You to gammaknife For This Useful Post:
I didn't install anything in the last few weeks on this fone. I am ready to learn anything to try to save my n9. Thanks

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
http://wiki.maemo.org/N9QTweak#RD_Mode

You may not have installed anything but surely must have done some mods etc so use the above to boot your device, reverse those mods that were applied incorrectly then disable rd mode...

Edit: Try rainisto's instructions below first...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-10-24 at 12:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Maybe you just have empty battery, and its in reboot loop because of that. Basic answer for that is to use "sudo ./flasher -i" to get in to mode where it doesnt try to boot up and let it charge for few hours, and afterwards it should bootup fine.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post: