Posts: 111 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Kazakhstan
Hi guys,

As you know, with the basic browser of the N9 you got the history as the first page when you open it.

What I'd like to do is to modify the file where the history is saved and replace the history by my own link, and then put this file on read only mode. So I would have my bookmarks on the welcome page of the browser app.

My problem is that I have absolutely no idea where this file could be. Do you think this is doable and if yes do you have any idea where I could find it ?

Thanks guys for reading
Paul

The Following User Says Thank You to pmeuh For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
just use the app Top Sites from store...You can't set it to read-only but you certainly can set the bookmarks view count to an extremely high value that won't allow them to be practically modified...

Edit: FYI the .db is located in /usr/share/grob/url_history.db which if you modify could potentially need to have its sha1sum value updated in the refhashlist... I think a few months ago there was a similar post by The Best Isaac in which IIRC he mentioned he as able to modify the .db file without having to update refhashlist...Search the forum for it...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-11-23 at 10:06.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
As thedead1440 alread said, read-only mode is not possible. But you can edit the system default bookmarks. That way, whenever you reset your browsing history from settings your edited bookmarks get restored.
But you can also alter the access counter to ensure your bookmarks stay on top. But think access counter isn't the only value that decides were your bookmarks get placed. I think the rank and the last access date are important, too.

Read from here on to see what's to do. You'll need a tool for editing the SQLite, such as the "SQLite Manager" Firefox addon.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Best Isaac For This Useful Post:
I wanted to add this functionality to BWizz as well - so there is a SHA saved in Aegis - and that cannot be altered I guess or?
EDIT: found some info on this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85567&page=18

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 111 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Kazakhstan
Thanks a lot guys.
I use a very big number (maximum interger in sqlite is 2^63 = 9223372036854775808), and since you gave me the file to edit, my 'bookmarks' are still in place.

Cheers !

-edit-
file to edit is /usr/share/grob/url_history.db
table to edit is "TopSite"
entry of "TopSite" table must look like:
100 | http://m.lequipe.fr/ | L'Équipe | | | | FALSE | 9023372036854776000 | | 1
The biggest number (in red column) will be shown first

Last edited by pmeuh; 2014-03-25 at 20:29.