Active Topics

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Sad day for me today, my N9 fell off the counter without the cover, the inner screen is damaged too, took it for repairs in the morning, awaiting to hear if it's worth fixing or not. Can the LCDs be replaced?

Name:  P130213_09.32.jpg
Views: 1779
Size:  44.4 KB

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Sad day for me today, my N9 fell off the counter without the cover, the inner screen is damaged too, took it for repairs in the morning, awaiting to hear if it's worth fixing or not. Can the LCDs be replaced?

Attachment 31010
I'm keeping my N9 alive with spareparts :-)

The LCD can be replaced, they are available from ebay. Its up to you to decide if its worth paying for a new LCD.

This video will probably be handy :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=i9u7r4j0atU

The Following User Says Thank You to fl4f For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Happened to me a few weeks ago. It is really pretty easy to change the screen. Screen costs about 50€ on Ebay.

But i would really recommend to pay 20€ more and buy a screen with the metal frame, it's really a pain to change this frame with knife and hairdryer

The Following User Says Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
I've sent it to my service Provider to fix it, they'll call me to notify me of the fees

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Good Luck, i think you go much faster and cheaper by repairing it yourself.

Fixed, Nokia wanted a chunk if money, so I took it to these small cellphone shop, paid only a tenth of the Nokia amount, looks brand new now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post: