Active Topics

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chicago
My N9 has been problem/trouble free up until several weeks ago. It was bought from New Zealand and it is the 16Gb Black model. Out of the blue and nothing out of the ordinary operations, I noticed that I've lost all my messages and contacts. I rebooted the phone several times and no luck getting the messages and contacts back.....I've restored my back-up that I made a few months back prior and that was successful initially. That was good for a couple of days until I had to reboot the phone for some reason. After re-booting, I lost all my current messages and contacts again....no problem, I would just restore my back-up again...nope, this time and from that point on, I did not get my messages back nor my contacts.

Fast forward to today, the phone works as far as receiving/sending calls, receiving and sending text messages but unable to receive or send pic messages; Twitter and Facebook don't work and the camera is also not working. I cannot access the Apps Store. I would just get the round timer thing and it would just stay 'loading'.

I've since re-flashed the phone but that did not resolve my issues. I'm still able to browse the internet with original browser and that's about it.

I'm wondering if I should flash the eMMC to see if that would work as a last resort. Do you guys think that flashing the eMMC might work? I'm kind of leery losing what's left I have in the phone and thinking that it might just be pointless. Unless you guys tell me otherwise, that might be my next step.

The Following User Says Thank You to ROne21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
for me reflashing means that you do:

sudo ./flasher --erase-user-data=secure -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin -R

thats the only way to say that you have tried to reflash the phone to factory state.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.