Anyway, I have a little problem, the phone is almost empty, space is 26gb left, but subsequently turn the camera shows that I can not take pictures, because there is no memory space, and, otherwise I'm stuck in it. I need a phone flashing. You could write a step to step how to do this with Windows 8?

The Following User Says Thank You to Ciliukas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Moscow

The Following User Says Thank You to sta_rik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 270 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
Or you may have "read-only" problem. Connect it to your PC (mass storage mode) and check it.

The Following User Says Thank You to dzano For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sta_rik View Post
Hi! Did You try this?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=69452
Yes, I tried that, but nothing.

Originally Posted by dzano View Post
Or you may have "read-only" problem. Connect it to your PC (mass storage mode) and check it.
All folders are empty, not something to check

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Ciliukas View Post
All folders are empty, not something to check
Actually, when the N900 is connected to a PC in "mass storage mode", the entire partition containing the photo directory is remounted in such a way that only the PC can write to it. If the N900 got stuck in this mode (maybe by disconnecting it from the PC while it was still busy with a file operation or something), you can remount by connecting it to a PC in mass storage mode again, "ejecting" it, and then disconnecting it.

(Also, rebooting the N900 would remount the partitions.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Actually, when the N900 is connected to a PC in "mass storage mode", the entire partition containing the photo directory is remounted in such a way that only the PC can write to it. If the N900 got stuck in this mode (maybe by disconnecting it from the PC while it was still busy with a file operation or something), you can remount by connecting it to a PC in mass storage mode again, "ejecting" it, and then disconnecting it.

(Also, rebooting the N900 would remount the partitions.)
And I've tried it, but nothing. Down in the lower corner of the left, shows the 0th And when I try to take photos showing "Memory full. Unable to save content"

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Try to find the setting where to store the pictures. Does this setting point to your .images folder or the DCIM folder?
Is this folder really mounted? Check with the 'mount' command in X-Terminal application. You could also check with the 'df' command which does also give you the size of free space for each mounted device.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Ciliukas View Post
And I've tried it, but nothing.
Hmm, at this point, my next step would be to open up a terminal and run "df" to see how much space is allocated to the various partitions. Also, "mount" to show how the partitions have been mounted. I don't know how handy you are with a unix shell, but you could post the results here and we'll take a look...

(Also, I should ask, have you installed any software on the phone that might impact the photo app?)

Edit: Michaaa62 beat me to the punch.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
u can always connect yo n900in mass storage mode then select its properties..go on tools tab then check file system for errors and try to automatically fix errors..this will get rid of camera problem..

The Following User Says Thank You to 3dgneto For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, please help