Active Topics

This is how my N900 looks after I rebooted it first time in few days. At first no connection worked so I flashed it (latest global version) and that got fixed and programs stopped crashing. I had no problems with the OS before the reboot.

Now, if I go to settings > themes - nothing happens. This happened before the flash. If I press enter while I have selected 'Themes', a small grey bar of 3-5 pixels appears at bottom and thats it, nothing else.

The menu where you can select wallpaper for your background and themes doesnt drop down when I click top right corner - the menu where you can select your communication options like which wifi to use, alarm etc does drop down though.

What gives?

The Following User Says Thank You to saikol For This Useful Post:
Theme Customizer (now that I downloaded) doesnt open. Theme from Settings doesnt open. Random notifications about e-mail application and calendar crashing despite not being opened in the first place.

Anything else under Settings opens.

Last edited by saikol; 2013-06-30 at 13:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to saikol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
You have to flash your N900. Again.
Both the firmware and the eMMC.

...and it will work

http://thehandheldblog.com/2010/02/0...factory-state/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Okay, I do that. I have never flashed eMMC and firmware flash always worked before.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saikol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by saikol View Post
Okay, I do that. I have never flashed eMMC and firmware flash always worked before.
Happened to me once. Did both flashes again and it worked.

Sometimes, it just might happen.

post the outcome when you try it man!

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Seems to me that my N900 having the same problems if not worse.
I cant get access to files or any other apps, this is what im getting when trying access to files and folders: hfil_li_no_files_folders_to_show
and another example is with browser : memr_ni_application_closed__no_resources and that's pretty much what im getting with any applications.
Yes, that's how now all my system files and apps tagged/see on screen: hfil_li, memr_ni_application, sync_ap_name, conn_ti_phone_cpa, dati_ap_application_title...etc
And on top of completely messed up OS my usb port not working anymore for some reason. Which is made the entire reflashing thing questionable.
So i guess the only option i have if it would be possible to reflash through WIFI and WinSCP (for example) cuz that's the only connection to device left.
all though i can open Xterminal and functioning normal

The Following User Says Thank You to ed00 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
AFAIK, there is no way to flash other than via USB. However you (ed00) might be able to rescue your system without flashing. I would still recommend flashing but you can try reinstalling the affected applications with apt-get. See here for what I did in a slightly similar, although less severe situation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
It is possible to flash from microSD. Search the forum fot it. I have never done but I am going to this weekend. I'll let you know how it went.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post: