I kept reading on how peoples N900's got bricked after updates and was so glad when my didn't...until yesterday.

My situation is a bit different/complex.

I was lazy and did not do the latest Maemo update that has been around for what is probably a month or so, plus there were various updates such as a Cleven update and what not. Now, some time earlier I had messed up Cleven and it did not run so I finally decided to do all the updates.

I first backed up everything through Backup menu, then proceeded to do the update. (however it did mention a couple of errors but since it said the backup was successful I did not pay attention)

At first everything seemed fine. Then I clicked on the 'recaller' widget (its the sound recorder) and my the kernel crashed and rebooted, and all the widgets either disappeared or were reset to blank.

I rebooted the phone a couple of times and the problem remained, I also noticed that the wifi enabler/disabler and fm transmitter were also gone. CSSU features and menu were also nowhere to be seen.

I restarted the N900 with the keyboard open and used backup menu to restore everything from the previous image (first time doing that) and it seemed to do that all fine (zero errors), but the phone went into a reboot loop after that.

And I'm guessing I need help now?

I hope I posted this in the right section.

I would really appreciate if there was a way to get my n900 back up and running with the data restored.

Or will I have to reflash? And is there any way to get data off it before reflashing?

Much thanks in advance.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Originally Posted by prosetheus View Post
I hope I posted this in the right section.

I would really appreciate if there was a way to get my n900 back up and running with the data restored.

Or will I have to reflash? And is there any way to get data off it before reflashing?

Much thanks in advance.
Hello friend,

My guess is to reflash it again notrmal one and see what happen

if the problem occurs again full reflash you must do

and hope will solve the issue

The Following User Says Thank You to salahkhani For This Useful Post:
Posts: 224 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Cairo ;Egypt
I think it's because kernel-power-bootimg you can try reflash only=kernel

HTML Code:
flasher-3.5.exe --disable-rd-mode -f -F RX-51_2009SE_21.2011.38-1.003_PR_COMBINED_003_ARM.bin --flash-only=kernel -f -R
then you can log on with chosen (0) in multiboot menu it will login with Basic kernel

if not you Must reflash it again with notrmal one

The Following User Says Thank You to amr.fayz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by amr.fayz View Post
I think it's because kernel-power-bootimg you can try reflash only=kernel

HTML Code:
flasher-3.5.exe --disable-rd-mode -f -F RX-51_2009SE_21.2011.38-1.003_PR_COMBINED_003_ARM.bin --flash-only=kernel -f -R
then you can log on with chosen (0) in multiboot menu it will login with Basic kernel

if not you Must reflash it again with notrmal one

Thank you for giving such precise instructions. I will try and post back with results. I hope I can save my data.

amr.fayz,

Just wanted to thank you immensely as my phone is now fixed and working properly after I applied your solution. I saved all my data and created the necessary backups due to your help, and I'm very thankful for your help. Just reinforces the fact that this is one of the most resourceful and helpful communities on the net.

Glad to have experienced the awesomeness that is the N900 but all due to this wonderful community.