Sounds like all that hard work reverse engineering things paid off then.
I am also running self-built MCE and cant find any issues.

Maybe I will play with it some more though using my new tools and see if I can spot anything.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
I am using REed mce since I pushed it in cssu-devel, don't see any difference.
That post made me enable cssu-devel and proceed to upgrade mce, only to find that I had already done that and was on 1.8.127+0m5 since March. Needless to say, no issues noticed.

FMG, any chance of an update in cssu-thumb?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
I am waiting for a new cssu-testing to be released, will issue -thumb based on it. Unless some urgent fix is needed ofc.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
It's nice to hear that it's working so good. Awesome work!

Could I post a little feature request? I'm using a little "hack":
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=17

...to run N900 without any backlight at all, when in direct sunshine (utilizing our trans-reflective screen capabilities, saving power, etc). Hoever, (as you may see form the scripts), closed MCE is really limiting factor there, and makes the whole thing so "hacky". Also, opening/cosing keyboard, for some reason, resets screen backlight level.

Could the latter be fixed, and, if feasible, could enabling/disabling ambient light sensor usage stop requiring restarting whole MCE? Apart from obvious nonsense, it also makes device to ask lock-code (due to MCE restart), which is quite inconvenient.

Cheers,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
+1 to no backlight when under direct sunlight.
(the max lux value to trigger the backlight should be evaluated and saved somewhere)

While walking outside under the sun using a map application, backlight + gps = battery dead in just a few hours.

Last edited by xes; 2014-10-10 at 16:59.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by shawnjefferson View Post
I've been using it as well, for months (with 3 engine mods for LED) and don't notice anything amiss.
How do you make it to use 3 engines for LED? I would be interested in seeing rainbow pattern...

CSSU-Testing

Thank you. Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Also, I would like to ask what's the purpose of soft-power-off. Would it be possible to force hildon-desktop to restart as part of soft-power-off? Or should I be looking for a different way to assign keyboard shortcut to restart-hildon-desktop-no-matter-what?

Thank you. Best wishes.

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
How do you make it to use 3 engines for LED? I would be interested in seeing rainbow pattern...

CSSU-Testing

Thank you. Best wishes.
I never did do anything with that code to get it into the official source... I think I posted my binaries though?

I'm still using it, no problems that I've been able to see, and always a colorful rainbow pattern on charging my n900 now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shawnjefferson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by shawnjefferson View Post
I never did do anything with that code to get it into the official source... I think I posted my binaries though?

I'm still using it, no problems that I've been able to see, and always a colorful rainbow pattern on charging my n900 now.
oh wow ! but how ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
a weird problem here starting day before tomorrow i used fcam extensively at a party and i realised blink on capture not working as i enabled it then also when i slid the keyboard to rename a few files the backlight was gone i rebooted no effect later on when i put it to wall charger charging led didnt glow i fear doom started to dig with some commands it didnt lit used led pattern editor it did not worked but now at least it blinked for a milisec faintly
then i thought of plugging it without battrey to my surprise it blinked yellow i put in battrey with charger connected and everything fine now the same problem again and i repet the procedure everything ok again
what the hell is going on ?
stock mce
cssu thumb
kp 53
all repos on

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu-mce, fremantle, hdtd thread, htdt detected