Hello all,

I had two new problems appear when I last upgraded CSSU on my N900. I don't upgrade very often because my N900 has been good and stable for some years now. I only upgraded this time to get rid of a different bug in modest accessing gmail accounts. I guess these bugs may or may not be related - but since they appeared at the same time for me I'm putting them together in this thread.

1. Ring/SMS/alarm tones. Sometimes the phone plays the default tones and sometimes it plays my selected tones (my own MP3 files). The settings always show my own files, but sometimes (I'd say about half the time) the phone inexplicably plays the default tones instead of mine.

2. Crash on booting. The phone often crashes when booting kernel 2.6.28-power52. If I select the vanilla kernel then it boots reliably. Opening the keypad and selecting the power kernel (I've tried using both multiboot and u-boot - makes no difference) seems to help. Also disconnecting from the USB power source also seems to help. But I haven't found anything that works reliably except to keep on trying until it works.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Cheers!

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by avidscavenger View Post
Hello all,
1. Ring/SMS/alarm tones. Sometimes the phone plays the default tones and sometimes it plays my selected tones (my own MP3 files). The settings always show my own files, but sometimes (I'd say about half the time) the phone inexplicably plays the default tones instead of mine.
If you have installed cssu-testing, there is a bug in pulseaudio, it will be fixed in the next update.

2. Crash on booting. The phone often crashes when booting kernel 2.6.28-power52. If I select the vanilla kernel then it boots reliably. Opening the keypad and selecting the power kernel (I've tried using both multiboot and u-boot - makes no difference) seems to help. Also disconnecting from the USB power source also seems to help. But I haven't found anything that works reliably except to keep on trying until it works.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Cheers!
AFAIK you are the first one to report such a problem, maybe too aggressive overclock?

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
If you have installed cssu-testing, there is a bug in pulseaudio, it will be fixed in the next update
OK that's good to know. Is there any timeframe on the fix and/or is there a way to install the fix without waiting on the update?

AFAIK you are the first one to report such a problem, maybe too aggressive overclock?
I tried removing overclock completely, but it made no difference. Is there some way to get a verbose kernel log on the console during boot?