Active Topics

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Hi guys,

this might seem like something that's already been asked.
I did search on the web and here but couldn't find anything related to what I have experienced.

I had a 90% charged phone and was happily using it texting my gf.
At one point I picked it to write a text and it wasn't responding and noticed the LED quickly blinking red.
I thought it crashed and was restarting, but after a bit of time it was still there and I had to pull the battery out and restart it.

The last texts I wrote where quite a pain to write as the phone was always connecting back onto the WiFi whenever I unlocked it (save for a few times) and that meant that the UI was either frozen for a few secs or that I was able to press the keys on the VKB, but the text would appear after several seconds.

Then this.

So not sure what caused it.
If it matters, whenever I turn it off, it takes quite a long time with a steady red LED on.

Hints?

anidel

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Maybe related to the sort of unexpected shutdown problems. The only advice I am aware of (from sailors) is to remove the battery for at least 10mn. And restart from there...

It seems so.

Btw I found someone who also was having this issue, so either my search skills suck or the search on Maemo sucks .
(http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2623)

So I guess it's a "normal" crash, wonder why it didn't automatically restart.

I just saw your post, I haven't seen any fixes or any reasons for this tbh.

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
I get blinking red or blinking green (both when trying to wake the device with the power button) and random shutdowns quite frequently, usually while it's connecting/reconnecting to wifi.
Usually blinking green is only brief and the lock screen appears and the blinking stops a couple of seconds later.
Red is usually more terminal and involves a battery pull.

Would be nice if a sailor could tell us what these colours mean?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
This has happened to me also few times.

Indeed a good sailor could help.
Surely a quick blinking red cannot mean anything good but to know exactly what is doing woould help a lot.
May be we need to wait for a few minutes before pulling the battery? Who knows...

ive had it too, but think i just held the power button down and restarted (at least i cant remember pulling the battery...) also saw a post on jollas twitter about it with no real answer from them!

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
I also have seen this behavior (both fast blinking red and green). Most of the times rebooting by holding down the power button solved it. It mostly occured together with the looping of the "Connection error"-banner for me.

I would really appreciate if someone form Jolla could shed some light on what these blinking codes mean.

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
Same here, this behaviour happens when the Connection error shows up. I've had it for like 4 or 5 times now. Rather annoying, since the phone doesn't give any signal to show it has crashed and (I think) you can't receive any calls/text messages. Usually a power button long press did the thing, but of the 5 times it happened, I had to pull out the battery two times. Hopefully this bug will be fixed soon.