Active Topics

I have just installed Canola media player on my Nokia N800. I have got around 90 songs on my 2GB SD card. When i do a scan from the applet on the desktop it says "Canola media database refreshed", but when i go into the media player its showing "No items", what am i doing wrong ?

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ The Netherlands

Thanks for the post, i have read the link and i just don't understand computers enough to fix the problem, has anyone got a idiot proof way of fixing the problem ?

I think the thread mentioned here contains the easiest description. There is also great info on Canola's garage forum. The steps necessary may seem a little complicated, but it's completely worth the learning experience. Keep at it!

Originally Posted by timothyd4y View Post
I think the thread mentioned here contains the easiest description. There is also great info on Canola's garage forum. The steps necessary may seem a little complicated, but it's completely worth the learning experience. Keep at it!
Thanks for the post, i don't think you know how "Newbie " i am, i would love to learn everything about what you guys are posting about. I did a Nokia software update on my Nokia N800 and the media player is working fine. Thanks for taking the time to answer my problem.

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
I have the same problem with Canola. I tried both solutions from the above thread in many different ways. No Luck... "Unable to install Canola" I can run the programs, but no media are found.

Does anyone else still have this problem? I think that the fixes provided just happened to have been the last thing tried before something else ACTUALLY fixed it. If anyone knows how to REALLY fix this issue, please post it. Until then, I'm not going to spend another three hours on it. I'll wait until the next release.

Originally Posted by BruceL View Post
I have the same problem with Canola. I tried both solutions from the above thread in many different ways. No Luck... "Unable to install Canola" I can run the programs, but no media are found.

Does anyone else still have this problem? I think that the fixes provided just happened to have been the last thing tried before something else ACTUALLY fixed it. If anyone knows how to REALLY fix this issue, please post it. Until then, I'm not going to spend another three hours on it. I'll wait until the next release.
Yes, I have same problem. I tried but no luck, maybe it's better anyway to wait that next release. Advices to fix problem in another thread are very good but what can you do when it won't fix in my case. It indeed takes too much time tinkering with Canola and I've had it, I have better to do than fix broken installation. Let's wait is my advice.

Okay, now is perhaps the time for me to join in! I have successfully installed Canola and am downloading and playing through Canola internet radio stations fine. I have now copied some mp3 music files onto one of my MMC cards, which can be played on my N800 fine with the operating system's Media Player, but Canola refuses to find/recognize them after refreshing the data base. When I go into the Audio Library the message comes up "No items found." I have employed the web-based Canola configuration application as well as Configuration Editor recommended in instructions contained elsewhere in this forum. The MMC cards are clearly identified in red as being included in the Media Library, and a file search of the MMC cards shows that the mp3 music files are indeed there. (They would of course have to be as the Nokia Media Player plays them!) Does any more knowledgeable and experienced person out there have any further ideas on how I might proceed at this juncture?

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Halifax, NS
Gentleman, I am also having same problem! Did anyone find a fix yet! Did anyone notice if they also received the error "unable to install canola" ?

I don't know which specific problem you're referring to. The message "unable to install canola" usually appears after you've attempted your initial install. According to instructions, you must then re-boot, after which the application manifests itself . But if you're referring to my problem of not having Canola recognize and play my mp3 music, it still doesn't do so -- hence my use of Kagu for that function.