OK, so, there was me, buying a cheapo PC (802b&G compliant of course) at CompUSA in DC last Friday - just happened to pass the PDA counter and saw....whoa....what is this....The Nokia 770. Bingo.

Well, the guy on the counter didn't know anything - I took one look at the box and bought it....just had to have it!!!

Got Wifi access back at the hotel within 10 mins and now back in the UK, got the phone access in about 20 mins.

Very very pleased with the purchase.

I have two questions- does the new firmware upgrade give real performance improvements?

Anyone else in the UK have the 770?

rgds

John

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Sorry to burst your bubble but some of us in the UK have had the 770 over 2 months, since Last November in fact lol!

Welcome to the forum and yes the new firmware does offer real performance and memory management improvements

Thanks Milhouse - consider me 'pricked'!

Have just backed up all files - once the battery is recharged I will upgrade soonest!!

rgds

John

Yeah, beginning of November as well. Funny though, I wasnt actively looking for the product for sale, just saw a post on Gizmodo that pointed to this site and the link to nokia direct. Two days later and Bingo - on the doorstep so to speak.

I ordered mine from Nokia in November but it was back-ordered by then and I eventually received it in Mid-December. I bought it primarily as a web-based remote control for my Slim Devices Squeezebox, but I am ultra-impressed and I'm using it for general surfing a lot more than I ever imagined I would.

I'm in the UK and ordered a 770 yesterday. Does anyone know what the current waiting time for delivery is. I'm not expeciting it soon but would like to get an idea of how long I'm going to have to wait (impatiently)

I'll answer my own question: Nokia shipped my order today! Only problem is I'm on holiday for the next week so I won't get to play with it for almost 10 days.