Active Topics

anyone know how to reverse tether?

as in share computer connection with phone?

if you're using a laptop you can join the Jolla in an ad-hoc wifi network and bridge the LAN or other connection interface

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Or you can just use usbnet (and dummy AP) on developermode and manually edit routes to use usb0. That way phone can use computers internet through usb cable.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Or you can just use usbnet (and dummy AP) on developermode and manually edit routes to use usb0. That way phone can use computers internet through usb cable.
but how do I do this? im a noob in developermode

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by toki View Post
but how do I do this? im a noob in developermode
A Jolla Sailor gave us on TJC a tutorial how to do this - click here.

If you also want to enable the USB tethering (Using Jolla's internet through USB) you will find here (and some additional here and here) some code how a developer could solve this... A USB tethering UI will also be implemented into SailfishOS in future like stated here.

Last edited by willi6868; 2014-09-22 at 10:23.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
A Jolla Sailor gave us on TJC a tutorial how to do this - click here.

If you also want to enable the USB tethering (Using Jolla's internet through USB) you will find here (and some additional here and here) some code how a developer could solve this... A USB tethering UI will also be implemented into SailfishOS in future like stated here.
Actually it can even be easier : https://together.jolla.com/question/...-as-usb-modem/