Posts: 58 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
The thing is that I need a better bluetooth support and maps with traffic support would be awesome. Really don't need Android support per se but for now it's the best option till we get native apps.

Have a happy new year everyone!!! and trust Jolla...
Nokia 2160 > Nokia 5120 > Nokia 3595 > Nokia 3600 > Nokia 7710 > Nokia N95/N800 > Nokia N900 > Nokia N9 > LG Nexus 5 (Multirom: Sailfish/Cyanogenmod/MIUI) > Sony Xperia Z2 (MIUI) > Sony Xperia X (SailfishX)...but N900 still rockin'!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to jem555 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
How's the BTLE support for Nexus5/SFOS?
I got a BT HRM belt and a Magellan watch thingy for present and they require LE support for connectivity.

Tried turning on bluetooth in Android, didn't work.

What kind of Android apps would people use with the compatibility layer?, would you use the cellular network (texting and calling), WiFi and/or mobile data (yes im aware I said this seperate of cellular network).

Trying to figure out what is the best way of getting networking going. If it's just internet access via mobile data and WiFi we may have a solution which I'll be testing soon, if it's also cellular network stuff then will have to figure out a way to get that working too.

Last edited by nh1402; 2016-01-01 at 18:45.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ germany
Hello everybody,
can anyone recommend a functioning flashlight app?

I use a Nexus 5 with SFOS 2.0.0.10

greetings

The Following User Says Thank You to jetronic For This Useful Post:
I seem to be missing word prediction (word completion) in all languages on my Nexus 5. Sailfish OS 2.0.0.10 is installed. No keyboard layouts have been installed, default settings only. I tried deleting the saved dictionaries, but to no avail.

I see the top row where the word suggestions should be but there are no words ever suggested.

Is this an issue for anyone else? Is there a way to, perhaps, reinstall the dictionaries or whatever part of the software is responsible for word prediction?

The Following User Says Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by oenone View Post
I seem to be missing word prediction (word completion) in all languages on my Nexus 5. Sailfish OS 2.0.0.10 is installed. No keyboard layouts have been installed, default settings only. I tried deleting the saved dictionaries, but to no avail.

I see the top row where the word suggestions should be but there are no words ever suggested.

Is this an issue for anyone else? Is there a way to, perhaps, reinstall the dictionaries or whatever part of the software is responsible for word prediction?
Did you install store-client and jolla-xt9 packages ?? these are for keyboard prediction.
Nokia 2160 > Nokia 5120 > Nokia 3595 > Nokia 3600 > Nokia 7710 > Nokia N95/N800 > Nokia N900 > Nokia N9 > LG Nexus 5 (Multirom: Sailfish/Cyanogenmod/MIUI) > Sony Xperia Z2 (MIUI) > Sony Xperia X (SailfishX)...but N900 still rockin'!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to jem555 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by jetronic View Post
Hello everybody,
can anyone recommend a functioning flashlight app?

I use a Nexus 5 with SFOS 2.0.0.10

greetings
Unfortuntely, there is no working flashlight app for the moment.

The Following User Says Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ germany
Originally Posted by romu View Post
Unfortuntely, there is no working flashlight app for the moment.
Oh shame, a little workaround via terminal:

flashlight led on:
Code:
echo 1 > /sys/class/leds/led\:flash_torch/brightness
flashlight led off:
Code:
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/led\:flash_torch/brightness

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jetronic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jem555 View Post
Did you install store-client and jolla-xt9 packages ?? these are for keyboard prediction.
Outstanding, thank you. Installing those two packages did the trick.

The Following User Says Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by jetronic View Post
Oh shame, a little workaround via terminal:

flashlight led on:
Code:
echo 1 > /sys/class/leds/led\:flash_torch/brightness
flashlight led off:
Code:
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/led\:flash_torch/brightness
Oh great, thank you. Now, we just need to package this into something more usable than a terminal. Personaly, I can't, but I would greatly appreciate

The Following User Says Thank You to romu For This Useful Post: