This is about the future of SailfishOS. It would be great if I could install SFOS on a device of my choice. I don't know how difficult this is. I know that there is a community ports of SFOS for the nexus 5 and I know that stskeeps managed to bring SFOS on a intel platform (the Jolla tablet). I know that I cannot do that.

So here is my question: how difficult would it be to make versions of SFOS that can be installed by a user like me? Maybe stskeeps can tell ...

I believe that such product could create some interest because it would allow for individual devices the user can create himself to some extend. I would happily pay for a SFOS lisense.

As a sidenote:
I am dreaming of a pocketable device that I can use one-handed and nearly blindly via the touch screen and that further has a hw keyboard and precise stylus so I can run desktop apps if I need (like with easy debian on the N900).

The Following User Says Thank You to JoOppen For This Useful Post:
Well, I think its very difficult for sb who is a absolutely beginner like me.
So I' m searching for sb who is helping me to install ubiboot & Saifish OS on my N9. I'm living in FRANCONIA, which the same as Northern Bavaria

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Giraffe For This Useful Post:
A fully working port with support seems like a difficult thing to price.

Since first they would have to port ot to your phone/device. Fix all the bugs and whenever a new update is released fix the bugs that creates. If you want Sailfish on a device not the Jolla. Go get the Nexus 5.

The porting team have done a blinding job on it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 running Sailfish

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Like previous comment, I totally ditched my Jolla phone for a Nexus 5, which is a far better device. Only missing things:
- flashlight which doesn't work
- no offline navigation
- no Android apps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by romu View Post
Like previous comment, I totally ditched my Jolla phone for a Nexus 5, which is a far better device. Only missing things:
- flashlight which doesn't work
- no offline navigation
- no Android apps.
does Nexus 5 needs to be unlocked first or any Nexus 5 model can can be flashed?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
The better place to ask is probably a sailfish on nexus 5 topic in this forum, but the answer should be yes and yes

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post: