Active Topics

Notices

Hi,

i have just uploaded kodi to openrepos. You can download and install both on phones or the jolla tablet. https://openrepos.net/content/krnlyng/kodi

Thanks to Blueslee and Schturman for testing it. Also thanks to Schturman for letting me use his icon.

If there are any bugs or improvements i can work on please let me know. I hope it is useful.

Let us use this thread to collect issues and improve it.

If there is anything i can help with, just let me know.

code: https://github.com/krnlyng/xbmc (based on the fork of Max Kellerman with wayland support)

Known Issues:
* A mouse cursor shows up in the top left corner. You can disable it by disabling touch and mouse input in Settings (Touch input will still work).
* Please always close via the GUI option to close kodi. Otherwise kodi will hang and therefore be unable to start up for a while (seconds).
* The estuary skin can be hard to navigate, switch to the estouchy or other touch skin.
* Scrolling is somewhat broken, use the slider to scroll
* LiveTV requires an additional PVR addon. You can find it below.

Additional Addons:
PVR IPTV Simple:
phone: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbzg2hus3k...mv7hl.rpm?dl=0
tablet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9umh094ed....i486.rpm?dl=0

video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ehlA_5pooxE

Last edited by liar; 2016-05-27 at 22:24.

The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Many thanks in the name of the community liar

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Hey
many many thanks for this!! runs very smoothly
didn't expected, that it's workibg that good
is it possible to include the pvr addons like vdr-vnsi?
Or just compile a second package with them?
Would be perfect!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Could someone port Kodi also for Maemo/Meego? Xmbc isn't the same, I love Kodi.
Thanks a lot,
BJ

The Following User Says Thank You to blackjack4it For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Thank you, liar, this is an amazing work. I lost my hope for a Wayland port after the main developer team dropped the Wayland bits few months ago, so this looks like a miracle.

It's smooth and Estuary/Estouchy work like a charm.

I just found three issues:
  • Lists longer than two pages (both folders and dialogs) are almost impossible to navigate, as scrolling down (up) always jump to the bottom (top) of the list and the items between cannot be selected. Not sure how to fix this, but it looks like a major issue. Reproducable with mouse/touch input turned both off and on and with both default skins.
  • The screen dimms and then turns off after few minutes of playing a video. Maybe this can be fixed with some setting, but it is quite annoying.
  • The app does not report the orientation correctly, therefore the system gestures are rotated. Just a minor issue, nothing crucial.

Other than that, it's really nice, works much better than the Android version and most importantly keeps playing when minimized (even on the cover), so even if you don't manage to fix the aforementioned issues, it's still a huge step forward for SailfishOS ecosystem (and it instantly obsoletes few of my SailfishOS projects where I tried to implement some useful Kodi addons in Qt/QML ).

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-05-26 at 11:10.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
I am not able to install it: Python 2.7 cannot be installed. Tried it by hand with pkcon installed too but fails too. Repo not available? hm...
Sailfish 2.0.1.11

The Following User Says Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Rome, Italy
Great work, thanks

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
It's smooth and Estuary/Estouchy work like a charm.

I just found three issues:
  • Lists longer than two pages (both folders and dialogs) are almost impossible to navigate, as scrolling down (up) always jump to the bottom (top) of the list and the items between cannot be selected. Not sure how to fix this, but it looks like a major issue. Reproducable with mouse/touch input turned both off and on and with both default skins.
  • The screen dimms and then turns off after few minutes of playing a video. Maybe this can be fixed with some setting, but it is quite annoying.
  • The app does not report the orientation correctly, therefore the system gestures are rotated. Just a minor issue, nothing crucial.

Other than that, it's really nice, works much better than the Android version and most importantly keeps playing when minimized (even on the cover), so even if you don't manage to fix the aforementioned issues, it's still a huge step forward for SailfishOS ecosystem (and it instantly obsoletes few of my SailfishOS projects where I tried to implement some useful Kodi addons in Qt/QML ).
I can confirm the list of bugs. As a side-note, you can scroll lists by dragging the slider list on the right; it's awkard on smaller screens, but it somehow works.

The Following User Says Thank You to fravaccaro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
This came as a huge (but very welcome) surprise! Runs great, and looks great, on Fairphone 2. Thanks also for the hints in the description on openrepos.

Out of curiosity, how much work was involved making it work on Sailfish?

I've noticed that the volume gets reset to max when you open the app or play media, is that deliberate? Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
I am not able to install it: Python 2.7 cannot be installed. Tried it by hand with pkcon installed too but fails too. Repo not available? hm...
Sailfish 2.0.1.11
I remember some similar problem, for me it was fixed by doing pkcon refresh

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
I've noticed that the volume gets reset to max when you open the app or play media, is that deliberate? Is there any way to prevent this from happening?
You can achieve this within kodi applying settings / system / audio output / keep audio device alive.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post: