Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Odd, since I have been able to use Jolla Store since I installed my Nexus5 two weeks ago...?
*snip*
I was refering to RealJohnGalt stating the Sailors are working on full access for nexus5 and other devices some pages back

Limitied access was always possible since i flashed.
But now the store shows all the goodies!
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jun 2016 @ United States
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Did you use the files from the first post?
Yes I did. I think I figured it out. It seems multirom doesn't like the ROM I'm using as primary. I'll swap it out for stock and then it should work.

The Following User Says Thank You to ThePhxRises For This Useful Post:
Do we know what scheduler is being used?

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
$ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

interactive

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
during calls and after calls, and sometimes randomly the home screen just freezes. any fixes for this?

also whats the safest version to update to? I have the latest cm12 base

Originally Posted by mautz View Post
$ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

interactive
did your work around for the lipstick freezing work??

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
during calls and after calls, and sometimes randomly the home screen just freezes. any fixes for this?

also whats the safest version to update to? I have the latest cm12 base
Lately this showed up on my OnePlus X as well. I believe it is related to 2.0.3.x and the Low Power Screen. Disabling LPS makes it freeze once every other day (for me).

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
I havent hit 2.0.3.x yet, i do have lps

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
I use the Nexus 5 for as 'daily runner' for about 3 weeks now. All in all I am pretty happy with the results. I use the proposed CM12.1 image and Sailfishos 2.0.1.11 Taalojärvi on multirom, as described on page one of this thread.

- phone calls are working very well (besides the known problem with phone calls over bluetooth)
- bluetooth audio works well in my car and with my headset (including pause/play prev/forward buttons)
- 4G is working very well with my provider
- send/receive SMS/MMS works without porblems, even with 4G activated (read somewhere that some people have problems with that)
- I miss aGPS, but GPS fix is pretty fast outside (1-2 min.)
- Battery life is let's say 'ok' for normal use. You can make a day out of one charge. If you are a heavy user, this might not be true.
- sfdroid is running surprisingly well, given its Alpha state, although I don't really use it.

On sfdroid I tested:
-Google Earth (working)
-Sound Hound (did not work)
-WPS Office (working)
-A live TV app (did not work)
-some other small apps (all work)

I had some lipstick crashes (probably low memory issues). Even though it sometimes took over a minute (red LED blinking) the phone was able to recover from these states. Thumbs up! Cool to see, that this recover process works.

I do also encounter UI freezes from time to time (once a day seems accurate and NOT during calls). My workaround is the Powermenu2 app in combination with a launcher I created, which basically restarts the lipstick UI. So when the screen is 'on' I can simply 'long press' the power button and lipstick will restart.

Even though I have the mentioned issues, I never had to reboot the phone to solve the problems. That is a huge improvement!

A great 'Shout-out' to this Community!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by minimec View Post
I use the Nexus 5 for as 'daily runner' for about 3 weeks now. All in all I am pretty happy with the results. I use the proposed CM12.1 image and Sailfishos 2.0.1.11 Taalojärvi on multirom, as described on page one of this thread.

- phone calls are working very well (besides the known problem with phone calls over bluetooth)
- bluetooth audio works well in my car and with my headset (including pause/play prev/forward buttons)
- 4G is working very well with my provider
- send/receive SMS/MMS works without porblems, even with 4G activated (read somewhere that some people have problems with that)
- I miss aGPS, but GPS fix is pretty fast outside (1-2 min.)
- Battery life is let's say 'ok' for normal use. You can make a day out of one charge. If you are a heavy user, this might not be true.
- sfdroid is running surprisingly well, given its Alpha state, although I don't really use it.

On sfdroid I tested:
-Google Earth (working)
-Sound Hound (did not work)
-WPS Office (working)
-A live TV app (did not work)
-some other small apps (all work)

I had some lipstick crashes (probably low memory issues). Even though it sometimes took over a minute (red LED blinking) the phone was able to recover from these states. Thumbs up! Cool to see, that this recover process works.

I do also encounter UI freezes from time to time (once a day seems accurate and NOT during calls). My workaround is the Powermenu2 app in combination with a launcher I created, which basically restarts the lipstick UI. So when the screen is 'on' I can simply 'long press' the power button and lipstick will restart.

Even though I have the mentioned issues, I never had to reboot the phone to solve the problems. That is a huge improvement!

A great 'Shout-out' to this Community!
ahh thanks for that power menu tip

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid