PDA

View Full Version : Think I found a programbug i Marbles

ttpcomp
2006-01-12, 13:24
Is down for a severe Cold and only thing I have strength to do is playing Marbles.

Now on Chapter 4 Level 3, the program just went in to a loop, the ball going from warp hole to warp hole, and never stop. The program timeout sooner or later and then stop, is this correct?
Never played Marbles before.

TTP

Hedgecore
2006-01-12, 16:08
Sounds like poor level design. I have a fix though! Avoid the warps ;)

ttpcomp
2006-01-12, 16:28
Thanks Hedgecore, I just manage to worm my way out of the loop.

TTP

Hedgecore
2006-01-12, 16:39
I've been playing marbles more and more, what'd you do? Fire another marble to intersect the one stuck in the warp to stop it?

ttpcomp
2006-01-12, 23:49
No, matter of fact, I left the 770 for a while, and when the screen went dark the program stopped. When keeping the screen light, the loop just continued so I had to restart.

Have now past all 32 Levels, 27 925 points, and have no ides if that is an acceptable result. Have started all over again, but now I don’t get any ongoing result as I finish a Level, my previous score is just sitting there as a temptation. :mad:

I think is the fantastic screen on the 770, whish make it fun with games, my wife have just scored 48 on Nako, a result I very far from.

TTP

MACDADDY
2006-01-13, 00:50
Same problem here. I completed all levels. When I tried to play again using a harder level of difficulty, it would not register my score. It seems as though ONLY the very first player's score is recorded. You can't even beat that score because it won't keep current score either. Anyone else with this problem? I really like marbles (chess is too hard -- even at easiest setting). After playing at easier levels I wanted to challenge myself at harder levels, but keeping score makes would make that more interesting.

ttpcomp
2006-01-13, 08:58
We will se what’s going to happen if/when I finish my second round, new score or not.

I’m not sure the function, Difficulty level, is working, I can’t see any difference when I try various level.
One thing fore sure, manage the level on less stroke than given, you get extra bonus point. :)

TTP

ttpcomp
2006-01-13, 23:01
Still more or less bedded down by my Cold so I have done the second round of Marbles today

Fault found in the application so far:

First round, Chapter 3 Level 4, if unlucky the application is going in to a loop.
When starting a second round of Marbles, after the first 32 Level is completed and you are given your score, the application restart but don’t give you any score on any Chapter or Level.
In de second round, Chapter 4 Level 3, the application went in a loop, I had to restart.
When finish the second round, the application go direct to round three and no total score is given.

TTP

cAPSLOCK
2006-01-13, 23:17
The difficulty level only reduces the number of moves you get to complete the level.

cAPS

ttpcomp
2006-01-13, 23:40
Thanks cAPS, that are how I understand the behaviour of the application should bee, but I’m not sure the application behave in that way all the time.

TTP

ttpcomp
2006-01-13, 23:45
I have noted one thing, as shorter number of moves you use, as much more bonus point you get for each completed Level, is that an easy way of handling the level of difficulty.

TTP