PDA

View Full Version : What are your 770 settings?

Mike Cane
2006-01-12, 14:10
Do you keep screen brightness max?

Are you using the default "theme"?

I keep screen brightness at its lowest setting most of the time. Outside, sometimes the ambient light is too bright and I have to go to brightest.

I'm using the fourth "theme," with red in it.

I also switched off the feedback sounds when the screen is tapped.

One of these days I will get to the "wallpaper..."

MACDADDY
2006-01-12, 14:56
I left screen brightness at default setting but will now try lowest.

I also use the 4th theme with red.

I left the sound at default.

I changed the web icon to show Slim Devices as it is linked to my SlimServer so I can use the 770 as remote control for my MP3 collection. It would be nice if there were more than one web icon to place on the desktop.

I intend to change the wallpaper as well, but have not taken the time to do so.

Hedgecore
2006-01-12, 15:01
Brightness is low in public so as not to attract prying eyes. Reading a paper over someone's shoulder is bad enough, reading an e-book people tend to squint and get up close. Outdoors or at home I crank the brightness.

Sound is almost always off. If I'm at home I'll turn it on but only if I remember.

I also use theme 4 with the red in it. I wish there were more available. My wallpaper the silhouette of someone hanging from a tree with a giant red star in the background over a yellow stonework sky. (The original piece from www.deviantart.com was an anti-racism piece)

I'm still itching to get stick on vinyl letters from a hardware/hobby store. "DONT PANIC" is coming soon :cool:

I've also modified the menus and sorted apps into:
<separator>
Apps
Internet
Games
System
<separator>

Nice, small, simple. Any new apps still go into 'Extras' (the only branch of the menu tree you can modify without root access. I just move them after install manually.

henry
2006-01-12, 15:06
Brightness very low (2 bars). Third theme with a custom wallpaper. Feedback sound off :)

http://www.internettablettalk.com/gallery/data/503/medium/screenshot001.png

Update: added screenshot :D

Mike Cane
2006-01-12, 15:16
@ desktop:

Henry: What is that new 4th icon on the left?!

henry
2006-01-12, 15:33
FBReader :)

Mike Cane
2006-01-12, 15:45
@ desktop

%$#! I haven't used it yet. Thanks.

Hedgecore
2006-01-12, 16:07
How'd ya get the clock up top beside the CPU state/Memory meter?

aflegg
2006-01-12, 16:12
It's Simon Budig's PanelClock applet:

http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/files/n770/

putkowski
2006-01-12, 16:59
Another red theme user here.

I use the "doughnut" background, though (Wallpaper_03)

While you are getting that clock, he's also got that number game...

Vidge
2006-01-12, 18:22
How'd ya get the clock up top beside the CPU state/Memory meter?

Another question - how'd you ge the CPU state/Memory meter to show?

Hedgecore
2006-01-12, 19:20
The Load program (clicking on the icon also allows you to take screenshots):

http://www.internettablettalk.com/software/fileinfo.php?id=14

TiganSan
2006-02-21, 16:54
Couple of stupid questions!

What are the steps to change the wallpaper to an image I have on my RSMMC Card?

how can I get rid of the items appear on screen when you turn on the 770 (e.g. news reader, clock, etc.)

Sorry, I am linux newbee and still am trying to learn my way around it.
Thanks for your help.

Hedgecore
2006-02-21, 17:55
To remove the desktop items, click on 'Home' at the top of the screen and uncheck the items you don't want to appear.

So far as wallpaper goes, click on 'Home', screen, set background image, browse, memory card, select the image, hit OK.

I wouldn't recommend using an image on your memory card as it can be removed. Use file manager to copy and paste it to your 770's internal memory.

varis
2006-02-21, 21:40
The red theme is nice. But I hope to hack the GUI so I can have something quite a bit different :-) Brightness - fairly low preferable as that saves battery I bet. For background, Su-35, black helicopters, Ayanami Rei and Vampire Miyu are nice. And I only left the clock on the desktop.

aflegg
2006-02-21, 21:44
Hedgecore: FYI, the wallpaper is combined with the title bar for your current theme and saved in /home/user, so it doesn't matter if the original image was on the MMC.

bradpitcher
2006-07-31, 23:48
It's Simon Budig's PanelClock applet:

http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/files/n770/

umm... then what? I have it installed but I figure out how to get it to display.

aflegg
2006-08-01, 09:06
There's a limit to the number of panel applets that'll display. If you've got the Bluetooh plugin and the load applet, there'll be no more room for the clock.

rattis
2006-08-01, 18:14
umm... then what? I have it installed but I figure out how to get it to display.

I didn't get it to show on the panel until after I rebooted the tablet.

bradpitcher
2006-08-01, 18:23
it showed up after reboot. Thanks.