PDA

View Full Version : Great case for the DS, I mean n800!

xendula
2007-10-11, 21:32
If you are looking for a good carrying case for your n800, this one has NICE padding, a snug fit, and a pocket for memory cards!

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pacific-Design-Street-Case-for-DS-Lite-PD0558/sem/rpsm/oid/164945/catOid/-16485/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Different colors/designs available, costs 9.99 in stores, but 2.99 ain't bad neither!!

krisse
2007-10-11, 22:44
PSP cases also work perfectly with the N800.

luca
2007-10-12, 13:15
Aren't psp cases too big for the n800?
I also thought that cases for the nds lite were too small.

krisse
2007-10-12, 13:19
Aren't psp cases too big for the n800?
I also thought that cases for the nds lite were too small.

Most PSP cases I've tried work fine, it's only a little bit bigger than the N800.

If you're worried, get a padded case as they usually allow wiggle room for devices that are a little bit bigger or smaller. I have a multi-compartment padded PSP case I got for £5 on eBay, it lets me carry the N800, a bluetooth keyboard and the charger.

luca
2007-10-12, 14:00
Well, my problem is that it's a difficult and slow process for me to take a decision (any decision, like when I decided to buy an n800: I wanted it since it was available, then when I finally decide and I buy it, the following week the price drops 30% :D )
My stance on the cases is this

The official case is gorgeous, the n800 is still pocketable with it but it is way overpriced for what it is and it offers almost no protection (if at least you could use the extra magnet to, say, use it in the car, it would be perfect, but others in this forum said that no way the magnet will hold the n800 in place)
The proporta case is not as gorgeous but equally overpriced
The cases specifically made for the n800 you can find on ebay are ugly as hell (well, they're not that bad), but they're cheap and the n800 is still pocketable with them (or at least so it seems)
PSP cases are not so bad, they're usually very cheap, but they're too big: they seem to be good only for protecting the n800 and to store it with some accessories, but they'll not fit in a pocket
ditto for the NDS lite cases. Maybe they're pocketable, but if they are they're probably too small for the n800
I'm thinking that my best option is to add a strip of velcro to the supplied soft case, just to avoid the n800 to slip out.

johnkzin
2007-10-12, 14:41
I have a multi-compartment padded PSP case I got for £5 on eBay, it lets me carry the N800, a bluetooth keyboard and the charger.

Who makes the case you bought?

krisse
2007-10-12, 17:06
Luca, that's true that a PSP pocket case might not work, I was thinking more about something to keep the tablet safe in a bag.

Who makes the case you bought?

I don't know! It was one of those cheap-and-cheerful companies from Hong Kong who sell stuff without a brand. :p

If you look on ebay you'll see thousands of these things for sale. I think they overestimated how many units the PSP would sell.

Rebski
2007-10-12, 19:03
Luca, I have mentioned this a few times on the forum - there are so many threads on cases that it is impossible to keep up - stitch a seam 1cm in from the long edge, trim off the surplus, and the N800 fits snugly in the soft case without falling out. i.e. turn the case inside out in order to stich and trim.

The new PSP Slim cases might be a better fit, they should be out soon.

johnkzin
2007-10-12, 22:24
I don't know! It was one of those cheap-and-cheerful companies from Hong Kong who sell stuff without a brand. :p

If you look on ebay you'll see thousands of these things for sale. I think they overestimated how many units the PSP would sell.

One of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Airform-Game-Pouch-Hard-Case-Bag-For-Sony-PSP-Pink-New_W0QQitemZ180168184234QQihZ008QQcategoryZ122516 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If so, how do those 2 little straps line up with the N800's screen and buttons? Would it be too much to hope that they aren't obtrusive, yet hold the N800 in well? :-)

xendula
2007-10-13, 00:29
ditto for the NDS lite cases. Maybe they're pocketable, but if they are they're probably too small for the n800[/LIST]
I'm thinking that my best option is to add a strip of velcro to the supplied soft case, just to avoid the n800 to slip out.

I bought the above DS case after trying one that I already had for my DS on my n800 and being exremely pleased with the fit and padding. I need cases that close well for my gadgets because I often carry water bottles in my bag and I am very clumsy. Took me forever to find a perfect case for my DS (also veeeery slow in taking decisions) .

So, this case does fit the n800, it closes really well, and the entire back is a compartment for extra memory cards, a FOB, etc. Seriously, give it a try if u are still caseless :)