PDA

View Full Version : Battlegweled and Pengupop... where to get?

moviecouple
2007-10-13, 20:59
I have tried to download from Maemo through my N800, but they are "Unable to refresh list" and are not found. Any ideas of how to get them?

krisse
2007-10-13, 21:49
Those games (and many others) are from a catalogue/repository called Indt Games (openbossa.indt.org.br) which is broken, and has been broken for some time.

You can't get those games until they fix the catalogue/repo, unfortunately. I asked about this repo a while back but no one had any suggestions.

(Also, for anyone who has run into this same problem, you have to disable or remove the openbossa.indt.org.br catalogue/repo from the application manager before you can install apps from elsewhere. This can be done by going to the App Manager menu, then Tools, then App Catalogue, then Indt Games, then Details, then tick disabled.)

El Amir
2007-10-13, 21:54
i got Battlegweled from this repo:

Games
http://marceloeduardo.com/apt
mistral
games

Hope this helps :)

moviecouple
2007-10-14, 16:59
How do you install games like that? I only know how to do it from a "Click To Install". How do you manually add stuff?

krisse
2007-10-14, 17:26
How do you install games like that? I only know how to do it from a "Click To Install". How do you manually add stuff?

To install the way El Amir suggested, open your tablet's Application Manager in the Tools section, then click on the Application Manager menu at the top, then Tools, then Application Catalogue, then New, then fill in the details just like El Amir said, then click OK.

When you've done this, it will add a new catalogue/repository to your tablet's App Manager, and you will see all of that repo's available software (games or apps) in the "Browse Installable Applications" section. You can then install these games and apps just by selecting them and clicking on "install".

It's far more complicated if you add software (games or apps) that are outside a repository/catalogue.

The "click to install" button works so well because it installs the software AND it also installs all the other extra files you might need for it to work properly.

If you install software manually, you may find that it won't run without certain extra files, and you then have to go round the internet looking for those as well.

moviecouple
2007-10-15, 14:46
Doesn't seem to work. I still get Unable To Refresh List... even after disabling every other catalog.

krisse
2007-10-15, 15:23
Doesn't seem to work. I still get Unable To Refresh List... even after disabling every other catalog.

BTW, you've made sure you're connected to the internet?

Try disabling every catalogue EXCEPT the nokia ones.

moviecouple
2007-10-16, 00:32
Tried all that. Can anyone else confirm on whether it works or not? Or another site that might have some games?

krisse
2007-10-16, 01:18
Tried all that. Can anyone else confirm on whether it works or not? Or another site that might have some games?

Whether what works or not?

Are you still getting the error message even when you only have the Nokia repositories enabled?

Maemo.org DOES have games, but you won't be able to install them if you leave the openbossa repository enabled. Just try to download the games which don't use the openbossa repo.

moviecouple
2007-10-16, 03:45
I have tried everyway that you had said. It still says "Unable to refresh list."

krisse
2007-10-16, 15:58
I have tried everyway that you had said. It still says "Unable to refresh list."

You're absolutely sure you're connected to the internet when you access the App Manager?

Try actually deleting the openbossa catalogue in the App Manager instead of just disabling it.

If that doesn't work, could you tell us the names of all catalogues you can see listed in your App Manager?

moviecouple
2007-10-17, 01:45
Yes, the internet is working properly. I was able to download programs off of Maemo. I disable and enabled different one and no luck.

I have

Nokia Catalogue
Nokia Catalogue (3rd Party Software)
Canola
Meamo Extras
INdt Games
maemo extras

Not sure if the link that was provided works though. That is why I was asking if anyone could see if it was working or not. Maybe I should just give up on those games.

krisse
2007-10-17, 02:48
Oh I see, you've still been trying to get the INdT/openbossa games?

Yeah, I'd give up on them, at least from that repo. Sorry.

Delete INdT Games from your application manager, the link is broken and it has been broken for many weeks. I doubt it will ever work. After you've deleted it, you should be able to download and install games which are hosted on different repositories.

The openbossa/INdT repo seems to be broken, or else its address has changed and they've forgotten to update their entry in maemo.org downloads. Either way, I'd give up on getting those games from that source for the moment.

Your best bet is to try and find those games from a different repo, I think someone on here suggested some locations at some point?

moviecouple
2007-10-17, 14:38
Even after deleting the one... still doesn't want to refresh the list. I personally think that http://marceloeduardo.com/apt isn't working correctly either, or so that is what the log is telling me

Guess I am going to give up now. Just wish there was another repo that had games.