PDA

View Full Version : personal area network problem

hexagon
2007-10-16, 09:43
Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post, sorry about it being a request.... or a

question... :)

So, i tried to make a bluetooth pan network between my computer and my IT770 ( os2007he ), and when i entered in xterm the command 'pand' i got the following error : "Failed to open control socket: Protocol not supported"

Does anybody know what shouild i do ( reintall the os, install a plugin, a library )... or

my problem is holpeless ??

Thank you!

jweinel
2007-10-16, 16:05
I don't have the 770 but the subject of Bluetooth PAN's and both the 770 and N800 has been discussed in this forum. I seem to recall the answer is that it is not supported by the devices but there may be work-arounds. One of the best features of this forum is the Search button located at the top of each page. Try it with keywords like "PAN" and "770" and browse the results.

cvmiller
2007-10-17, 02:33
Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post, sorry about it being a request.... or a

question... :)

So, i tried to make a bluetooth pan network between my computer and my IT770 ( os2007he ), and when i entered in xterm the command 'pand' i got the following error : "Failed to open control socket: Protocol not supported"

Does anybody know what shouild i do ( reintall the os, install a plugin, a library )... or

my problem is holpeless ??

Thank you!

Give this a look. It worked for me once I got the bnep.ko kernel module:
http://maemo.org/community/wiki/HOWTO-BluetoothNetworking

I hope this helps,

Craig...