PDA

View Full Version : x2x to N770

fido
2006-01-18, 14:23
Hi!

I want to use my desktop keyboard with the N770 by x2x. But on the N770 the X server is not listening on incomming tcp connections. So my idea is to put -listen tcp into the arglist when starting the X server in /etc/init.d/x-server, e.g. /usr/bin/Xomap .. -listen tcp..
Has anyone tried this? I think the Xserver should support this as it is based on kdrive. But I want to get sure. I don't want to have a brand new N770 brick :)

aflegg
2006-01-18, 16:46
It's compiled with --no-tcp-listen, according to a recent post on maemo-developers.

Your best bet is to use an X-forwarding SSH tunnel into the 770.

HTH,

Andrew

fido
2006-01-24, 10:52
Thank you for your reply!

I copied x2x now to the Nokia (X forwarding with ssh gave an error with authorization), and it's working somehow.
The keyboard input from the desktop is working in the xterm, but not in maemo applications. Do they use another input method than native X11 applications?

fido
2006-01-24, 13:22
After googling I found that indeed maemo uses another input method, named osso.. or would have read the whole maemo tutorial before :)
There is an option to switch to X Input (right mouse button, "Input Methods - X Input Method") but it's not accepted on the Nokia 770. Input method remains osso.
Does somebody know how to switch to the X input method on the Nokia 770?